• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country

Just installed my 3in Rc lift on my jeep

Before
DSC03091.jpg

After
DSC03251.jpg

I am very happy, Jason was great my Full packs were back ordered and he sent me AAL so i could get lifted soon. Got the full packs and he told me to keep the AAL's. I didnt even complain about the full packs being back ordered he offered them too me right off the bat. Great sales rep.

Once again Thanks Jason

Made the call (PORC) and just ordered a 4.5 "X" lift kit to Hawaii.$$$(they had the best S&H)
Ordered the kit with full leafs. Anyone install a 4.5 "X" kit recently? Think it comes with the gas shocks that hopefully has a better/softer dampening. Has upper and lower arms but not sure if they are adjustable. Wondering what is included in the kit as I cant find it on the web site. Also got some jks discos and a sye. Hope the ride is ok as I heard both good and bad from some. Any tips or tricks such as grease in bushings, springs etc? Started spraying oil on bolts. Should get the kit in a week or so. The lucky live hawaii shipping was crazy. I think the usps made more money than the vendor?? Will take pics after install.

I was really impressed with my Rough Country lift kit, it came with literally EVERYTHING I needed for the install. I needed some heat from a propane torch to get a lot of the stock bolts out, the trackbar and control arm bolts in particular. I am sure the eye bolts on the leaf springs will give you problems too. I find that if I don't plan to keep a part after I take it off, a die grinder with a cutoff wheel makes things a LOT easier.

I just installed the drop brackets today with a 1.5" shackle in the back and a 2" spacer in the front, on top of the previously installed RE3.5SF kit so I am sitting a right about 6" of lift. The drop brackets make a significant difference in the ride of the front end - the flatter arms really reduce the impact of bumps. Install of the drop brackets and spacers took 6 hours including lunch and a trip to the hardware store - so probably 4.5 hours of install time.

I have the RC 3" lift. I got the full leaf spring packs and the upgraded to the gas shocks. I also added their lower control arms and a JKS trackbar. My Jeep rides wonderful! I can tell the rear is a little stiffer with the leaf springs, but the ride is not harsh at all. As a matter of fact, it rides a lot better than it ever did when it was stock.

I purchased the 3" kit with full leafs in rear, and no issues, no sagging. I stopped by there shop in TN while I was home visiting and the customer service was beyond what i expected.

I will be upgrading to the 4.5 lift in Jan.

mac

Hope the rear springs arive soon. Did they change anything on the new rear 4.5 "X" springs? Ordered from porc since they had usps service to Hawaii.
Aloha

2 questions
1) How do the 3" full leaves hold up with an extended shackle? (to net 4.5 and get good flex)
2) at 4.5" with a t case drop and shims will I be ok on a 1999 with a 242 d35

jdurbach said:
2 questions
1) How do the 3" full leaves hold up with an extended shackle? (to net 4.5 and get good flex)
2) at 4.5" with a t case drop and shims will I be ok on a 1999 with a 242 d35

1. This combo works very well.
2. Maybe but my guess is that you may need to get an SYE. I needed an SYE at 3.5" of lift with my 1998 242/d35 combo. Somy guys don't.

3" kit handles good and rides decent, not sure about flexing beacuse it's on my 59yr dad's jeep. Only problem was one bad coil but GRIMUS99XJ at customer service took care of that beyound expections, awesome customer service and decent kit.

I've got the 3" lift on the way. :cheers:

I'll be sure and report how it rides. Not sure when I'll be able to get it put on. I can't do it, so I gotta pay a shop, which isn't exactly free...lol.

I am real happy with my Rough Country Suspension, their nitro shocks, and their rear shackles. They are very helpful on the phone, and there is no problem with their quality. I am sure there are other manuafacturers who build good products, but I have no complaints about RC, and their prices are reasonable.

DeathValleyPaul said:
I am real happy with my Rough Country Suspension, their nitro shocks, and their rear shackles. They are very helpful on the phone, and there is no problem with their quality. I am sure there are other manuafacturers who build good products, but I have no complaints about RC, and their prices are reasonable.

I am happy with mine as well. In fact if I hadn't found RC, and their realistic prices, I wouldn't have a lift or tires/wheels.

Im looking to get the 4.5" lift. w/ aal. its only an '01 with 94k on it.

Now with the complaints on the shocks. I see they have the option of the upgraded nitro 9000's but i missed which ones people are having problems with or is it both ?

Jeep currently is stock with 31's on it would i need the cv driveshaft and SYE ?

VAsponger said:
Im looking to get the 4.5" lift. w/ aal. its only an '01 with 94k on it.

Now with the complaints on the shocks. I see they have the option of the upgraded nitro 9000's but i missed which ones people are having problems with or is it both ?

Jeep currently is stock with 31's on it would i need the cv driveshaft and SYE ?

Well now I have to go back and read the comments about the shocks. I have uneven wear on my BFG MT front. Every other lug was worn lower, creating lots of vibs. I rotated and balanced. I was told by my mechanic and the tire guys that the shocks weren't keeping the front tires from bouncing, so I need better front shocks.

pm me if you have a question or problem with rough country products or call me at 800-222-7023 ext 121 and dont forget all N.A.X.J.A. members get 10% on Rough Country products
check out our new jeep only website www.rcjeepliftkits.com
thanks Jason

this is direct from GRIMUS99XJ's signature on here. This should help you out.

Also note that there is a difference between a NAXJA member and a NAXJA forum user - members have RED names.

Back