• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCKtoberfest "Logistics" Question

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
You know, I got really spoiled by being able to stop at the Subway right at the intersection of 443 and 81 to get a sandwich before heading to the park, but it's been gone a year or two now and doesn't seem to be coming back.

If I was coming solo this weekend, I'd just pack the meal bars for my Nutrisystem program and be done with it, but I have a guest coming along.

What's around the area of the campground or "the greater Pine Grove Metropolitan Area"(TM) for a source of fresh-made sandwiches? We did all right last Fall with the pre-made grab-and-go ones at the truck stop last year, I think, but I am always a little wary with those (recall folks getting bad ones in the past at other truck stops). Right now I'm thinking the best bet would be to try and hit up Berger's for components and make them up in the morning before leaving camp (or getting the sandwiches already-made and tossing them in the Fridge overnight), but I'm open to alternative ideas...

I'm pretty sure you're on the right track just headed to Berger's, Rob. Actually the diner next to the truck stop is demolished, I think that stop is being expanded.
That said, they also demolished the old Sunoco stop across the street and built a new diner there, which is open and I'm sure could make you up something. We haven't tried it yet, but I hear its pretty good.
Worse comes to worse, there's always take out from Buddy's, can't go wrong there, and I'm sure they could do a Fisherman's wrap for sandwiches.
Rich

Hm, only a mile? I'll have to look at the map again, didn't realize Shamokin was that close.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Back