• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockfest Pics

It’s hard to give up georgia hams, too.

Rockfest food was pretty good.

0861-1.jpg

0857-1.jpg

I’ll trade the recipie for the dutch oven cherry chocolate cake for the sonoran dogs. How did you get the bacon wrapped so tight around the dog?

Did you guys see the burnt cherokee halfway through H2H?
Some guy got stuck/broke upper link and chose to torch it.
The azundertakers pulled it out around that time, contacted the owner and had him haul it off the main rd.

ashmanjeepxj said:
The azundertakers pulled it out around that time, contacted the owner and had him haul it off the main rd.

I have heard a couple of different stories on how it got there.
It looked like someone was trying to drive it down H2H, and it was near the top of the trail.
At the Rockfest we were told that the undertakers were pulling it out that weekend, never saw them though.
Rick

ashmanjeepxj said:
Yup. Wish I had time to pull the head off the motor. If i knew how close we were to finishing the trail I probably would have. Would that have been bad? Looked abandoned to me.:dunno:

corbinafly said:
Yup. Wish I had time to pull the head off the motor. If i knew how close we were to finishing the trail I probably would have. Would that have been bad? Looked abandoned to me.:dunno:
With the amount of heat from the fire I would not have trusted the head not to be damaged ( the intake manifold had melted ).....SANTA

4xSanta said:
With the amount of heat from the fire I would not have trusted the head not to be damaged ( the intake manifold had melted ).....SANTA
Good point.

ashmanjeepxj said:

here it is.

jeeparizona129-1.jpg

jeeparizona130.jpg

I first though it was one of those Cali rigs from the NAXJA event :D

They got it out Sunday.
Good info to cross post from undertakers.
ALLAXCS - 2008-04-06 5:42 PM
IT IS OUT!

Huge Thanks to Steve Langley, He showed up with a macgyvered tow bar. That totally saved the day. And, whoever left the two wheels in the road before the Jeep. Stellar!
Started at 8:30. Left camp and ran Lower and upper woodpecker. Then hit H2H. Started kind slow. Someone scattered the lug nuts. Once we got the wheels on Darby and Sabo (FSB guys) started a very long day of Hi-lift demo. Don (FSB) served as the mule for tugging. Dustin (FSB) could have been replaced by a big rock. He, served as the anchor. Steve showed up, after a brief u joint issue with the tow bar. I lifted the front of the rig with the tow bar while Don tugged it up the rest of the trail until near the end when I broke the front drive shaft. Steve took over to get it the the road. Once out of the trail Steve hooked that Jeep and drug it all the way to the cattle guard. Steve was moving pretty good until that cattle guard. It stopped it dead and broke the chains. So, there it sits. Back to camp at 9:30.
Big thanks to all that showed up.
Scott, Dustin, Darby, Sabo, Kevin, Steve, Jake (The Jack Man), Don. Could not have done it without you.
Bud

wouldent surprise me if it was burned by vandels,

happens ALOT in AZ theres probably 6-10 vehicles i can name off the top of my head that are out off Lake mary Road and the trails and old logging roads out by sunset crater

-Trent

LA2008081.jpg

LA2008097.jpg

Ok lets start something fun, lets see who can photo shop the best 2 headed monster with Rick and his brother as the heads.... :D
LA2008165.jpg

Back