• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ring and Pinion Service?

DaveNJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any opinions good or bad about "Ring and Pinion Service" in Rancho Cordova? I spoke to Mike over there today about a gear swap and they seem to have their act together. But before I drop thousands I want to hear some opinions.

Give Sean from River City Differential a call. He's in rancho. He does great work, and is very fair priced. Nice guy too. He helped me out a lot and gave me some free shims and some other small things when I went in with some questions.

Can't speak for any other shops in the area, with the exception of Steve at Golden State Motorsports, who is the reason I went to Sean for help a few years later.

West Coast has always been helpful - good parts pricing and quick delivery

3600$ god almighty what the hell do you have them doing? Please tell me ARB's and gears with a compressor, and chromos , and install , and then they are giving you 500$ cash back ?

You guessed it Jon. Front ARB, compressor, gears, bearings and install. Rear gears, chrome molys, gears, bearings, seals and install.

I checked with River City, 4WP and others they were all within $100 from each other so I went with R & P because I have had them do other work in the past.

Between this and the replacing of the engine I dropped a ton in the ol red. But it's been a long time coming, she's served me well since 91.

damn. Well then. Congrats! that sounds awesome man. You will love chromos and ARBs and deeper gears !

Well I've had an ARB in the front since 93'. However the last few years I essentially didn't have one due to this one always leaking. Even after replacing the O-rings twice. But hey what more do you want it was 20+ years old with 250K on it. With the new lower gears we need a new one anyways!

So what you are telling me is that your red Jeep is not gonna sound like 99 Rattle paint cans all being shaking up at the same time? Your going stealth I guess, sweet!

really? Awesome!
pics?

Well Jon it would be pics of diffs, lol.

Just to let you know I approved the work to include new rear axles. We had an understanding he would try and use the old axles (rear). They had been leaking and we figured they had a nice groove worn in them at the seal contact point. So even though he could've sold me axles and just simply said, "you needed them", he choose not to and save me some money. That's putting the customer first in my book.

BTW- OMFG what a difference going from 3.55 to 4.56 in drivabilty and overall performance! WOW!

Back