• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement heater hose (hard line)

darjevon

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

I'm looking to replace the lil 90 degree hard line heater hose that threads into the upper left portion of the waterpump. (mine is rusty and has a pinhole leak). Does anyone have a part number on this or perhaps a good ghetto solution? I'd hate to have to go to the dealer. The guys at the local autism zone were of no help (as usual).

TIA
joe

easiest thing to do is go to pepboys go to the ricer section and there they have a bunch of universal fit stuff that bends to any shape. its preety cheap and its shiny.:yelclap:

You can get a nipple in the HELP! section at Pep Boys.

IMG_1866.jpg

If it's like my chysler just standard pipe thread. Piece of pipe from home depot should work fine. I think it 3/4" not positive though.

hope it helps you out.

If you want to get the bent pipe, you'll either have to remove the valve cover or the water pump itself as you won't be able to unscrew or screw it back on due to the bend.

Although that little nipple looks good, you have to be careful about the hose hitting the idler pully or being kinked at an extreme angle bend.

I've never thought about using the flexible pipes like mentioned in the ricer section. Although it makes sense, I've seen radiator hoses made out of that flexible stuff.

The nipple in the pump is threaded 3/8" NPT - I typically get a brass pipe nipple (for straights,) or make an elbow fitting out of brass plumbing parts (to eliminate the use of moulded heater hose.)

It's been a while and I don't recall the measurements I used, but there's no reason you can't do something similar.

Nice Bonus - brass lasts longer underhood...

yea thanks 5-90 i couldn't remember what size. 3/4 was stuck in my head from work. I know excuses excuses. we cnc the threads for mining equiptment that's what I was doing friday. Hydro. line and fittings.

Blaine B. said:
Yea, 5-90 has a good idea about making an elbow. I never thought about that lol.

That's why my RENIX rig has copper heater lines - eliminating the moulded right-angle hoses (damn copper lines cost less than the batch of moulded hoses anyhow...)

Next time I have to replace heater hoses, I'll buy about three feet of straight hose - it will be enough to do the job twice - but it's an "even foot" quantity, so it's easier to ask for.

Blaine B. said:
I saw your setup, it looked neat. Sort of like under the kitchen sink :)

Yeah. But they haven't leaked, and they've simplified the process. I've just got to figure out a reliable way to attach sections in the field - trying to ship them in a two-and-a-half-foot long box would get cumbersome...

darjevon said:
Hey,

I'm looking to replace the lil 90 degree hard line heater hose that threads into the upper left portion of the waterpump. (mine is rusty and has a pinhole leak). Does anyone have a part number on this or perhaps a good ghetto solution? I'd hate to have to go to the dealer. The guys at the local autism zone were of no help (as usual).

TIA
joe

This # fits the HO motors 53007978.IIRC the one in the above pic is for the Renix motors.

Wayne

Back