• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removeing doors on a 98 XJ

I agree with you there. I'd do it to mine because A.) My doors are manual so all i have in there are 2 wires for the speakers and B.) Its nice riding around town with them off. I would rather wheel with doors too. Also, Its an XJ Ron, the hinges sag no matter what! :D

are you sure there are only 2 wires? mine (manual EVERYTHING) has a bundle of wires. 2 connectors though. is that what you meant? because if not then im wondering what all the wires in mine are for.

are you sure there are only 2 wires? mine (manual EVERYTHING) has a bundle of wires. 2 connectors though. is that what you meant? because if not then im wondering what all the wires in mine are for.
:doh: I forgot about the wiring for the mirrors! Ok so there are a few more wires! :D

:party:NOW NOW I havnt wheeled the piss out of it FLEX. Just gotta drive it a lil harder sence im running open from n rear, 3" and 31 pizza cutters. BUT shes growning up fianlly and goin to a 4.5 on 33's and locked rear.

:party:NOW NOW I havnt wheeled the piss out of it FLEX. Just gotta drive it a lil harder sence im running open from n rear, 3" and 31 pizza cutters. BUT shes growning up fianlly and goin to a 4.5 on 33's and locked rear.

Nice! I'm throwing my front locker in next weekend and the rear axle and gears are hopefully going in around mid-july.......i hope. :D Just don't be like the rest of the guys in town and weld it! :doh:

I just chopped my doors off this past weekend. I cut the hinges with them on the doors. Saved me from having to reallign and no problems doing it. They do sag though. I need to get some replacement grommets for the body side hinges.

i just cut the top part of the hinge pin and knock the pin out then reuse the same pin to put the doors back on.

Well its not really 97 and up its like 98 and up because 97's had the old style also through the first year. But the difference is that the old style were thick one piece steel and the newer is a little flimsy looking(don't know if its actually weaker, just looks like it) its thick sheet metal that's been stamped out and folded into a c channel. There are lots of pics to look up and see

Back