• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relocate to Las Vegas?

law.74

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently interviewing for jobs and am highly considering one in LV. I'm currently in the midwest for school. Originally from the rockies.

My questions apply mostly to raising a family in the area. Where are good places to live with kids, but commutable to the strip? Which school districts are better? What is the housing market like? How many months each year are off-limits to playing out of doors?

I know jeeping is plentiful in the region, but how accessible is it? Yes I'm a rocks guy. Moab is Mecca.

Thanks

I have never lived in LV but I do live in the desert. There is really no time of year that you won't be able to go wheelin'. Las Vegas has the advantage of having a lake to visit when it gets too damn hot. Might I suggest owning a boat too?
LV was the mega boom town (probably still is) over the last seven or so years. Housing prices have jumped dramatically, but still remain a bargain, especially if you can find a repo (thousands of them in LV)
There is always an adjustment period when you change environments but I found that living out here is great. Don't be dissuaded by the summer heat.

As far as schools goes....I don't have a clue.

:D

Back