• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbit

NAXJA Forum User
any one going to reiter Saturday meeting at park lot 830ish so far 2 xj 1 ford explore 1 wrangler and a cj come and going us would like to meet some of you

thanx Duane

Re: Reiter Pit

rabbit said:
been wheeling there for year and it was always reiter pit and well will always be reiter pit to me
Wow, Just another example as to why the general public thinks 4x4ers are a bunch of uneducated buffons who like to tear everything up and don't care about anything except their own crass enjoyment.

It is now called Reiter Trails as the very large percentage of Wheelers who care and wish to protect the few areas that we are allowed to enjoy our sport have made efforts to improve the area's image. We have cleaned up trash, repaired trails and attempted to educate those who are unable to naturally respect the world we live in so that we and future generations might be allowed to 4x4. If you aren't willing to step up and defend your own hobby please at least be kind enough to keep your mouth shut and allow others to defend it without your interferance.

I haven't been to Reiter in about 6 months, which is a shame since it's the nearest wheeling to me. I'd go, but I'll be sippin' whiskey and playing poker with my buddies at his FIL's cabin east of Steven's. I'm certainly down for a Reiter trip within the next month.

just cause a bunch of big headed people get together and change the name of some thing DOES NOT MEAN THE PEOPLE THAT CALL SOMETHING ELSE is the ones that trashed and thrashed the place so if they call some thing does not give you the right to tell them to shut there mouth

thanx rabbit

PS how many time have you been out and pic up trash BOSSSS

rabbit said:
just cause a bunch of big headed people get together and change the name of some thing DOES NOT MEAN THE PEOPLE THAT CALL SOMETHING ELSE is the ones that trashed and thrashed the place so if they call some thing does not give you the right to tell them to shut there mouth

thanx rabbit

PS how many time have you been out and pic up trash BOSSSS

That group of big headed ppl you talk about is Reiter Trails Watch, the group that organizes every clean up and all trail work there. They also work with local law gov to help keep it open to wheelers.

Think before you talk.:nono:

-Alex

and that is a new group of people. and that is a good thing. but when other people come and tell you that you should respect something that you always done . what the heck:firedevil

I've been going to REITER PIT since the 1980 and it has always been called REITER PIT. Pretty much everybody you talk to knows it as REITER PIT. And will always be known as REITER PIT. You guys can call it reiter trails all you want It will always be known as REITER PIT! And I do clean up at REITER PIT also. I think its pretty lame you have to change the title of this thread on rabbit. When he posted it as REITER PIT NOT reiter trails.

i dont see how calling it reiter trails make's it a better or more respected place! im very confused. i have also always known it as reiter pit. some one want to explain what the big difference is?

http://www.reitertrailwatch.org/

It is all about public image. If you call a place a pit it implies that it is a garbage pit. If you call it a trails it implies a nice scenic destination.

If you want to make it a place where you are allowed to enjoy 4x4ing in the future you work to create a positive public image.

If you want them to throw up barriers and chains and start issuing trespassing tickets you let it go the way it was going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back