• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redneckbrewfest? Sunday, May 24th

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
From this thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=992780

I hadn't intended this to be Brewfest because Cindy didn't want to take time off so soon after our Hawaii trip, but she mentioned it to her boss who said no problem.

So, as usual we'll do burgers and brats, Cindy will probably make some fresh salsa and slice some fruits and veggies. Anybody that can help out with other side dishes or desserts, it would be appreciated, but not a requirement.
Nobody leaves here hungry!

As for the homebrew, I've been slacking on brewing, partly because I'm trying to watch my weight, partly because I've just been lazy. I'll brew a batch later this week as soon as I get my ingredients, so it should be ready. I do have some left that I will save for this event.
And of course I will be brewing some on the 24th.

Brewing starts about 2:30, dinner around 5:30. Come anytime

:cheers:

So, who can make it?

Not sure what time but, Wyfie and I are planning on being in attendance.

Thanks John!

:wave:

im in.

cheers,

jj

good chance I will be there.
got to blow out some carbon out of my MJ on the highway.

I mentioned it to Tater and Rich too.

If we get a potluck going, mark me down for guacamole and cheeps.

BOB

Not for me, too much weekend work this month.

John, I went to the BigBrew Saturday, MN Homebrewer's, held at Flat Earth Brewing. 85 gallons were made.

And it's a kick to see the blowoff tube working on a 15 barrel fermenter.......

is this a open invite? i never had home brew beer before :D

is this a open invite? i never had home brew beer before :D

Yes, come on by. Brewfest is open to any jeepers that can behave appropriately and respect my wife, home, and neighbors.

John, I went to the BigBrew Saturday, MN Homebrewer's, held at Flat Earth Brewing. 85 gallons were made.

And it's a kick to see the blowoff tube working on a 15 barrel fermenter.......

Don't some of those places recycle the Co2 to carbonate and serve the beer?

Don't some of those places recycle the Co2 to carbonate and serve the beer?

I've never heard of that. You'd have to collect the CO2 and pressurize it for force carbonation and pumping, as well as a little purification to get rid of the trace nitrogen, oxygen, etc. from the headspace.

Flat Earth is a small operation. Jeff Williamson (brewmaster, his wife owns the business) averages a little under a single 15 barrel batch every other day, IIRC. Most is sold in barrels, some firkins, a bunch o' growlers (every Tuesday & Thursday from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM!) and what's left goes in 22 oz. bombers.

http://www.flatearthbrewing.com.

BTW, it's not listed on their website, if you're lucky, you can get a taste of Xanadu, an orange influenced porter. I'm working on one right now.

BTT

Time for a headcount, so Cindy can buy enough food for twice as many people as will be there :D

So far we have Sean and Laura, Travis and ?, Rev and Sue, BOB, Tater and Rich?, Josh, Mike and Wyfie...

And the usual assortment of other friends and neighbors.

Anybody needs directions, PM me.

And the Mild Ale is in secondary, it was quite tasty going in so it should be good for the party. My brewing buddy Matt will be bringing some of his homebrew as well.

confirming BOB, Tater and Rich.
we're bringing guacamole and cheeps.

what time is everyone arriving?

dinner is at 5?

I will also be bringing some cigars and shocks.

BOB

Well fawk!
I've discovered that our utility room roof needs some attention. I was planning on doing it later this summer but, with all of the recent rain, I've discovered it's in much worse shape than I had thought. I'm totally bummed and have caned our entire trip for that weekend. It's not a matter of time. It's a matter of funds.

Thanks to John for the willingness to host. You guys have a good time.

Last edited:
So......

Lemme understand this....

We are having a get together FOR you.....and now YOU won't make it.

Weak.

Toss a bucket under the leak and man up.

See you there.

Rev

So......

Lemme understand this....

We are having a get together FOR you.....and now YOU won't make it.

Weak.

Toss a bucket under the leak and man up.

See you there.

Rev

X2!

If funds are the problem, skip the Chicago stuff this time, and just come for the Brewfest. All that will cost is a little gas money.

I understand what you're saying guys but, it's not going to happen. Funds are the main concern but, there's more to it that just that.
I'll just leave it at that.

Back