• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird trail clean up - May 14th

I should be there, will likely have an open seat as well.

Only 3 1/2 weeks! NAXJA-MWC has been requested to help with another activity that is going on at Redbird on the 14th by both Carman Jackson and Kenny from Redbird Station.

Stair Steps to Success is a program for at-risk youth in Sullivan County. The mentors/leaders pair with a youth and take them on monthly excursions to different activities to show them alternatives to delinquent behavior. The outing to Redbird will mostly be handled by the program leaders, but they are asking for Jeeps with open seats to take the kids on short trail rides.

The program leaders are also asking if any of our members would like to speak to the kids about life/career choices. Not sure if that would be a good idea, but if you want to, let me know :D

What it boils down to is this; we will do our cleanup as usual. After lunch we will meet up with the program leaders and take the kids on short trail rides. Once everyone gets a turn, we are done. Simple as that. This is a good way to promote wheeling as a sport and to promote NAXJA to a group that is right at driving age.

http://www.stairstepstosuccess.org/about-us.html

I will be there for sure, will have three to four open seats for the trail ride thing (and for the trail clean up stuff if needed).

whew, good ting Sean and I are not going t be there...they would look at us and think that drugs and bad behavior are definetly a better choice :D

Ill have an couple of open seats as well.

How rough will the trail riding be? I got a 4hr drive back home after just wanna gauge how likely i am to need my roadside assistance.

Last edited:
The trail that the MWC cleans up is not terrible difficult. There are some technical sections, but should be rather easy on equipment.

The trail ride for the kids is going to be pretty much just fire roads and nothing difficult at all.

mac 'just got work approved off to go' gyvr

I'm definitely out. Found a cracked head on my tow rig that happened at some point on the way or right before Winterfest, and work has exploded to the point we may have to hire a few guys (and if anyone know the railroad industry right now it's in a massage slow down)!

I'm definitely out. Found a cracked head on my tow rig that happened at some point on the way or right before Winterfest, and work has exploded to the point we may have to hire a few guys (and if anyone know the railroad industry right now it's in a massage slow down)!

I'll keep my eye on the website. A Newark post would be tits!

Final roll call; please post if you are for sure going to attend.

My plans have changed slightly, I won't be able to make it until around lunchtime. My son's scout campout is taking priority (mainly because he guilted me into it). The good news is that Kenny from Redbird Station ran Trail 21 the other day and reported that it is in overall good shape. We will need to do some minor branch removal and possibly winch a downed tree off the trail. Carman Jackson would like us to evaluate the trail signage and report back if we need more or less signs on 21, and overall in the park.

If anyone has the capability to GPS the trail, the DNR would appreciate that as well. They have updated the map and are in the process of renaming trails.

10 days to go!

I'll be there.

I'm in.

In for sure. Everyone coming in friday? I plan on leaving work friday around lunch to be there around 5pm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i'm in for Friday arrival at Redbird station.

Bringing the wife, kids, and a dog...

mac 'just one of the kids is wheeling' gyvr

Been busy between all the rain getting everything ready. Got 3 loads of wood cut today for the official Bonfire for Fri & Sat night. I know how some like their fires. I also have the community grill to cook on for the ones that don't know

I have a portable GPS that can be used to map the trail.

Hope to see everyone here.

Back