• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Dawn

Camping350

NAXJA Forum User
Did anyone see the blue XJ in the opening crash? Movie was great can't believe I never saw the original. Ive been putting off buying any new home hardware makes me want to visit the local camping store Big Five/Turners. :us:!!!!Wolverines!!!!:us:

Haven't seen it yet, saw the original and it was good.

We saw "Flight" tonight with Denzel Washington in it. One heck of a great movie. If you or someone you know is fighting a drug/alcohol addiction this movie will open your eyes.

We saw "Flight" tonight with Denzel Washington in it. One heck of a great movie. If you or someone you know is fighting a drug/alcohol addiction this movie will open your eyes.
My uncle and mom did all the aircraft stuff for that movie. Cant wait to see it.

My uncle has been doing airplanes since vefore I was born, has a museum and endless hangars of parts and planes. My mom just started working with him. I guess the cockpit they used isnt just a regular cockpit, it had to be custom built to accomodate what they wanted. I cant remember what its based off of, but I guess if youre a big plane nut(like them) youll notice the differences in the cockpit.
Supposed to go sometime this week to see it

The aircraft they used looked like a Boeng 717. Not sure about the cockpit. It was a twin rear engine aircraft with a high rear stabilizer.

Its all jibberish to me. I worked for him one summer tearing planes apart and hauling parts around but thats about the extent of my knowledge

my uncle (right) owns the business. I think this is one of the planes he had flown in to strip down.
552578_2836169877559_546633167_n.jpg

some stuff they used
531237_2875284215393_1468475561_n.jpg

new truck mom got after the film.
308724_3720859434245_803516551_n.jpg

Sorry bro

/hijack

or a DC-9

there's probably more decommissioned DC-9's to cut up for a movie than MD-80s.

The invaders were originally Chinese, but then they changed it to the North Koreans so they could sell the movie in China. Pretty lame IMO. The North Koreans can barely feed themselves let alone invade the most powerful country on the planet. I realize it's just a movie, but a certain degree of realism would be nice.

The invaders were originally Chinese, but then they changed it to the North Koreans so they could sell the movie in China. Pretty lame IMO. The North Koreans can barely feed themselves let alone invade the most powerful country on the planet. I realize it's just a movie, but a certain degree of realism would be nice.

It was the russians, with help from cubans and the bananna republics. The Chinese were nuked as part of the scenario in the first movie. It is from where the "eagle driver" is talking to the wolverines.

i watched the original on tv last night. it was so horrifically an 80s action movie. i'll be waiting til this ones out on netflix or BR rip on the internets.

Back