• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axel gearing

tweakado

NAXJA Forum User
okay guys here is what is on the metal tag for my rear axel
11 605 31
3004515 This is what i can read of it. It also has a plastic fill plug on it. Or should i just jack it up and count revolutions for tire and drive shaft. Why i am doing this is because i want to put in a non disco unit and know i have to be close in axel gears for it to work. Hope you guys can help me out.

Unless it's me.
My 85 4 cyl has 3.73 gears. Counting revs is probably the safest way to go.

what does the front tag say? if your jeep works in 4x4 right now (the wheels turn at the same rate) then they will be the same.

i know when i first looked at my axle tags, i wasnt able to tell. then i realy scrubbed them with the wire brush, and i finaly was able to make out the part where it said 3.55- or was it "3 55"? i dont remember. just make sure you get down below the crusty oil, dirt, rust mixture.

hth

My front has 41-10
then a long string of un spaced numbers does this mean that i have 4 -11 or 4-10 rear looks to be 4 11 what do you guys think or should i just count.

Back