• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ready for the baja 500

I'll be working at BFG Pit #1. :thumbup:

It's next weekend. The race itself is on Saturday, June 4. I'm going down on Friday and meeting up with the BFG guys at Estero Beach for two nights.

Scott's got the rally thing going on just about all summer long.

I'll be there in this
SDC11076.jpg

SDC11073.jpg

If anyone knowss any good spots to spectate in ojos negros or somewhere closer to ensenada let me know! i would also be down to tag along with someone and help pit or drink a beer if its not too far lol

hey i Live here in ensenada so probably will be in bfg tersa satnd at the mechanic revission there is a good spot in the middle part between ensenada and ojo Rancho el tule

It's next weekend. The race itself is on Saturday, June 4. I'm going down on Friday and meeting up with the BFG guys at Estero Beach for two nights.

Scott's got the rally thing going on just about all summer long.

Hey Johnny, keep an eye out, I will be down there as well, likely at the Mini Summit!

So how was everyone's outing to the 500? good i hope. lets hear some stories!
I'll cut mine short.. Went with my buddies, had a blast, met andy mac my idol! haha
race was great! got a good spot around rm10. got stuck in the beach, met "alexxj" form the forum, had great food, saw a great finish! hung out with robby and bj baldwin at papas nd beer. drank alot partied alot! everything was perfect until the next day when we were coming back home on the 5, some douche swerves to my lane and has me doing 360's on the freeway with traffic right behind me. Despite the accident, i couldn't of asked for anything else! I'll post pics tomorow.

Had a great time too. Took the Amtrak down to San Diego, where another crew member picked me up and drove me to Ensenada. Checked out contingency on Friday. BFG Pit 1 was at race mile 91. I assisted in getting all the fuel cans filled with the right kind of fuel for each vehicle that came through. Also had to don a fire suit and helmet to help fuel when we had four vehicles come in at the same time.

We packed up at about 5 pm when the last vehicle on our list, a racing ambulance, finally made it into our pit. We got back to Estero Beach, got cleaned up, then went into town to see a few vehicles cross the finish line.

The next morning, as we were headed home, we passed the finish line again, and there were still vehicles coming in. Looking forward to the 1000 in November.

Was that you in the ambulance prerunner? haha that thing is definitely badass! We stayed about a mile or two away from estero beach my friend's grandma has a house there. We actually went to estero during the day after everyone took off to check if that lion and the smoking monkey were still around but apparently not :/

Back