• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re: Introducing the Arizona Members ONLY Forum

cdhowell

NAXJA Forum User

Why are we the only Chapter to have this? And what were you thinking. You gain membership by letting people decide for there self. If they want to be a part of what is going on, they will join. If you exclude them they have nothing to base an opinion on other that a bunch of elitist want my money. Come on here guys. Members should have some perks. But new people are not going to know about them if everything is discussed behind closed doors. Quit sniffing the starting fluid and get your feet back on the ground. How long ago was it that you were the new guy and needed a little guidance and a nudge to do the right thing?

Well Charlie. We are piloting this program. I'm sorry if you feel you're being herded by elitist. You couldn't be further from the truth.

My most sincere apologies if you don't like how the chapter is being run. Maybe you should run next term.

This was made because a good amount of people were asking what the benifit of being a member was. We are trying to make the members feel welcome here and give them something to enjoy. Our goal is not to seperate ourselves and not include non-members, it is to make the paying members feel asthough it is worth renewing their membership.

My problem is not what is being done but how its being done. Nothing is asked of the people your leading. Take a poll that MEMBERS can vote on. Again membership has its privelage. See what people want before you force feed them. My post was placed for all to see but yet moved because some else decided for me. I completely understand what your goal is. But your headed in the wrong direction. Force at any level is met with resistance. Wake up already. I agree with what your are trying to accomplish. I disagree with your methods. Entice membership, do not force it upon others.

Last edited:

This was made because a good amount of people were asking what the benifit of being a member was. We are trying to make the members feel welcome here and give them something to enjoy. Our goal is not to seperate ourselves and not include non-members, it is to make the paying members feel asthough it is worth renewing their membership.

So please explain the benefits and make feel worthy.

Nubs that come to our site will be helped just as they always have, there is a wealth of free information and great people here. However the more members we can get the more money there will be to put together events for the club. More money and more members it good for everyone. The hidden part of the forums is like a shinny button that gets there attention and provides some incentive to join. It cost very little to join and is worth every penny. This is not a concept that our chapter leaders just pulled out their ass, this is a proven way to grow a club. I like the fact that the AZ chapter is doing new things and is not like every other chapter on the site. I am glad to see that my chapter is thinking outside the box and actively working to increase our member count and provide a better member experience.

My .02

So please explain the benefits and make feel worthy.

I'm not going to get into a e-fight. We are trying new things, there are three threads that are private, not the entire chapter forum. I am sorry that you are under the impression that the BOD is trying to force you to do anything because we are not. We are addressing thing that we have heard from members and nonmembers alike.

Again I am sorry if you don't feel that is legitimate answer but as you can see from Dominic's post there are members that appreciate it.

Nubs that come to our site will be helped just as they always have, there is a wealth of free information and great people here. However the more members we can get the more money there will be to put together events for the club. More money and more members it good for everyone. The hidden part of the forums is like a shinny button that gets there attention and provides some incentive to join. It cost very little to join and is worth every penny. This is not a concept that our chapter leaders just pulled out their ass, this is a proven way to grow a club. I like the fact that the AZ chapter is doing new things and is not like every other chapter on the site. I am glad to see that my chapter is thinking outside the box and actively working to increase our member count and provide a better member experience.

My .02

DING DING DING!!!

Thank you Dominic. FWIW this isn't my first rodeo. I have been in clubs most of life. Since the age of 12 I have been an active member in CC's. Starting with lowriders bicycles to lowrider cars to offroad now. I have held just about every type of leadership position from a officer to prez. I know how clubs work and how to run them.

I have also asked for input and ideas from the members starting day one. Maybe if you came out and ran with us Jan 1 you would have been present for over an hour of dicussing what the members want. I have also asked for input on a members only run. However, I am not going to ask for input on everything.

Give us a chance Charlie. It seems all you do show up looking for a fight. As I see it you look for and opening to bicker about something, and your e-tone is hard to see in any positive light. I have been in office for less than 2 months. In these 2 months We (the BOD) have been hard at work for the members. I.e. organizing chapter funds, setting a date of the national event, M&G schedule, runs scheduling, new sub-forums, and we're currently putting together a marketing campaign. This is not about the BOD or anyone in it. It is about the members. We (the BOD) were chosen by the members to run this chapter. So let us do it.

Any and all input is welcomed.

Had I been able, I would have been at your run. Such is life. Saying I do not agree, is just that. But It seems that any negative input is twisted into picking a fight. But I, like you, have spoke to other members that are in agreement with me. They were not able to be there either. And that is my point. No one but a select few at a 1 hour meeting know. Make it public. Let your members tell you what they want. Oh, and my e-tone is a soft voice what voice are you reading in?

Make it public. Let your members tell you what they want.

It's hard if they don't say anything and only complain when something is done. What would you like to see? Do you have any suggestions or constructive criticism instead of you previous posts?(this is in a good tone, doesn't read like it, but it is)

Finally something resonable. If asking for input you must take the bad with the good. Analyze it. Do the ones complaining have a legitamate complaint? This has turned into a school yard your playing in my sandbox debate.

What I would like to see is a welcome to all. Not a group within a group. Decisions that affect the entire chapter should be voted on by the chapter not just those that were fortunate enough to make the run that day. Remember this thing is state wide and you need to accomodate all that are members not just the close ones. I am sure as moderators you have the ability to send a notice to every one on important matters. If you have little responce then you at least tried to include those that work night and weekends, etc..... So bottom line is Unity over Division. I do not object to new idea's. but new is not always good. I didn't like what I saw and said so. Does that make me a bad guy? No, just the one to speak up.

We love input, whether or not we agree doesn't matter as long as people voice their opinions. I don't think it was your opinion but the way you handled it. We are all adults here and most of us are civil, the internet has a way of getting peoples emotions worked up easily.

As far as moderators being able to contact; the memberships on the forums are either red or black. Not per chapter so I don't think they(I am not one) can only contact AZ chapters members.

As to the group within a group; I don't see it as a bad thing for us to be able to discuss chapter business out of he eye of the public. We care about what the users think and want them around but their voice doesn't matter as much as the paying members(to me, in my opinion). Those that can read this section have a monetary interest in this chapter that those users do not. It think this gives the members the right to voice their opinion in a way that users do not have. Again this is just all my opinion and not the combined opinion of the BOD.

Everyone in the state voted to have leaders, if every decision was put to a club vote there would be no need for leadership in the first place. I think most of the info in the "pay portion of the chapter" would be social banter that most visitors don’t give a shit about. If you want to hang out, talk smack, go on runs and be "part of the club" then join the club and support a group that will support you. It’s not that much money, honestly….

again just my .02

Cg 4 wheelers has a 50/50 drawing at every meeting. $1 a ticket 6 for $5 Half to the club, half to the winner. Make this a members only drawing at M&G's, Runs, camp trips, potlucks etc....
Generate some funds for the chapter. Sometimes the pot is twice what your yearly dues are. Its out in the open for all to see. It works for us should work here as well.

How often do you guys hold meetings? That sounds like a good way to generate some cash.

Also, this forum allows us to have an area for members to hold polls without getting errorous votes by non-members.

We could do something like that with some restructering of the system. I do however do not think meetings are realistic at this time.

We could do something like that with some restructering of the system. I do however do not think meetings are realistic at this time.

I agree, it is hard to get people in town to show up to Meet and Greets.

Back