• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 7.5" coils

JVRacer04

NAXJA Forum User
they were listed as 7.5" TJ/XJ springs

now i was told by a friend that TJ springs on a XJ would give it a 1" drop

so... if these are compared as 7.5 TJ/XJ springs... does that mean they only supply the XJ with 6.5"s?

if anyone has bought and installed these.... your comments would be even more greatly appreciated to as how much lift they gave you

BigOffoad.com JohnJohn has a great price and is great to deal with. I should also note that I have a heavier (but not outrageous) than stock custom front bumper but no winch. A mongo bumper and/or winch will result in less than 7.5" lift.

Edit: That should have been BigOffroad.com.

BlueGerbil said:
Mine are still sitting in my garage, but I hope to get around 6.5" out of them with an ARB bumper and a winch.

what kinda rear packs are yall using to sit level with these?

i really wish RE made some 6.5" packs

I use the BOR 6" leafs. With an MJ shackle (1/2" lift), the rear is about 8.5" unloaded. Loaded with tools, 35" spare, recovery gear, spare axle shafts, etc, the rear sits around 8". I used a spacer in front to level it out. The leafs are stiff at first but break in and nicely.

i just installed my 7.5's with the 4.5 packs/1"block/RRO shackle, it sits complety level, the coils sit at about 7"

At the expense of sounding like an asshat, why do you need 7.5 inches? Are you going to be running 44's? If not cut those fenders like crazy and keep the COG low. Just my .02 cents though--

ctavel said:
At the expense of sounding like an asshat, why do you need 7.5 inches? Are you going to be running 44's? If not cut those fenders like crazy and keep the COG low. Just my .02 cents though--

Im tired of wanting bigger... so im gonna lift it right this time.. 7.5 sounded like a nice number

im gonna run 35"s ....MAYBE 36"
and i dont care to hear anyones oppinion on why i should be running 40s with that much lift because this is my daily driver... i dont feel like hacking away at my fenders ...thats my opinion, it might change one day but leave it be

call me a poser but i go wheeling once a month when im lucky... and i do love it very much ... but i guess u could say that im mainly doin it for the looks , but who doesnt? ANd im gonna build the strogest lift i can... so when it comes time for the dirty work, im gonna be able to walk the walk

JVRacer04 said:
Im tired of wanting bigger... so im gonna lift it right this time.. 7.5 sounded like a nice number

and i dont care to hear anyones oppinion on why i should be running 40s with that much lift because this is my daily driver... i dont feel like hacking away at my fenders ...thats my opinion, it might change one day but leave it be

call me a poser but i go wheeling once a month when im lucky... and i do love it very much ... but i guess u could say that im mainly doin it for the looks , but who doesnt? ANd im gonna build the strogest lift i can... so when it comes time for the dirty work, im gonna be able to walk the walk
x2

I was thinking about the RE 1462 springs (4.5") and my "old" Rusty shakles (1.75") - I think this should get ma around 6.5" or 7" of lift with a heavy kaymar rear bumper w/tire carrier & jerry can carrier.

JVRacer04 said:
what kinda rear packs are yall using to sit level with these?

i really wish RE made some 6.5" packs

Even if this XJ isn´t my daily driver I´m 100% with you! :wave:

JVRacer04 said:

91 Jeep Project said:
Just a clarification on this, only stock 4 cyclinder TJ Coils will give you that drop................ :lecture:
Hmmm....really? Don't make me pull out the SPOBI gun here, but my stock XJ coils on a 4.0L TJ gave him a little over an inch lift; letting him remove the spacers and keep the same height.

ctavel said:
At the expense of sounding like an asshat, why do you need 7.5 inches? Are you going to be running 44's? If not cut those fenders like crazy and keep the COG low. --

I like 7.5 its a nice integer....

If anyone cares I have been running the skyjacker 7.5 leafs in the rear...a little stiff but I likem'...

JVRacer04 said:

Amen Brother! I get tired of guys posting on here and other boards all the time that all you need is 5.5 to 6"s of lift to run 35s. Well, I have trimmed my fenders, and with good flex, I need the 7.5" that I have to run 35s. Have you seen the ones that are 6"S? They generally look like crap.

This is an older pic of my rig with 8" lift and 35s with TJ flares.

aaq.jpg

Liked it a lot and didn't have that "hacked" look. For the 7.5" RE coils, i had them on before i switched to coilovers. They gave me about 8" lift without a winch (but custom made bumper) in the front and i noticed about a 1/4" drop when i mounted my winch (MM12000).

I ran them together with 2 spacers to match the rear 7.5" RE TJ rear coils of my coil conversion.

aea.jpg

I especially liked the stiffness of the coils, they gave a great ride even without sway bars. You will really like them. :wave:

Back