• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Random stuff in my driveway

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
I've got

an MJ tailgate, it has a working handle/latch. Some rust, but easily fixed. No major dents. $50

Set of 4 "turbine" ten spoke wheels. You'll get the bald 31s on them too. $100
I'll toss in a donut rim with a good spare too if you want it.

Original AMC bedmat for the MJ. Has the AMC logo stamped in the middle, very heavy rubber. Made for a longbed, but I'm sure it could be cut for a shortbed. $100.

Rock Rails for longbed MJ. Made by a member for me using some Tacoma rails. Tubular with a "step"/rocker guard. I welded the feet, they may or may not bolt right up to your MJ. Might have to cut the feet and reset them. Bolt to the frame and have a tab for the pinch seam. $100.

Longbed MJ 23 gallon fuel pump and working sender. Drove the truck into the garage and pulled it for the fuel cell. Tank is trashed. I could ship this. $50.

All the big heavy stuff I'd prefer not to ship, but I could if someone is willing to deal with the hassle. All items located 44805. I could bring them to Harlan in July, or the Redbird trail cleanup.

I am interested in the rock rails... I know you said you would like not to ship, but if I pay the full amount, could you see what shipping would be to 60033? Pics?

Thanks,
Rob

will take pics tonight.
They were about $70 to ship from AZ when I purchased them.
Will be traveling to the pig gig, so might be able to bring them there.

Sweet. Thanks man. Looking forward to the pics. I have a friend that might be going to the pig gig... So maybe he can accept the drop if all works out.

Rob L.

OK. I took some pictures.

0320101638.jpg

0320101638a.jpg

Bedmat is orginal AMC, fits longbed, has the front corners cut for a rollbar.

0320101831.jpg

0320101831a.jpg

Rock rails were on my junk for about a year. You can see the "kicker" I was talking about,m it is angled up to protect the rocker. Originally intended for some toyota truck. This WILL need fitting to your truck, a welder will likely be required.
So don't buy them and then bitch about the weekend it took to make them fit your frame. These are one off pieces.

0320101831b.jpg

Sotck Steering skid, didn't even know I had that. Call it $20

0320101831c.jpg

0320101832.jpg

0320101832a.jpg

There's the tailgate. Still has good limit straps on it. Handle is a little rusty, but worked when it was pulled. Some surface rust in the upper left corner, NO rust on the bottom.

0320101835.jpg

Clean wheelwells if someone needs them. I can cut these out, they're still attached to the bedsides. Bedsides WILL go to the scrapper this Weds. (March 24) Do not ask me about them past that date, they will be gone. If you want them, let me know and I will cut them out before the bedsides are gone.

and finally, the bumper.
0320101852.jpg

this is my ghetto fabulous 2x6x1/4 c channel MJ bumper. I still have the brackets, it mounts to the frame using the stock bumper mounts. It's a little bent on the drivers side from the rock garden on lower 2 (yeah, I bent 1/4 c channel). This is way to heavy to ship, it still has a license plate light! Your MJ NEEDS this. Own a piece of history, this bumper caused quite the stir at WF 06. come get it out of my way, or it goes to scrap as well.

Last edited:
I remembered who made the rock rails.
Rockwerks is the user name, I think. It's been a long time. I remember they were $350+shipping.

Exit 186 on I-71.
about an hour from Cleveland depending on what part you're in.
If you want it I'll PM my address and number to you, we can make arrangements.
I'm home most days after 6 and weekends.

an update.
Bumper and rear brackets are gone.

also found a stock XJ 87-95 gas tank skid in the garage.

Also have a complete D30 spider set

and a complete 8.8 spider set, and spare carrier (open)

D30 vacuum disconnect

AW4/231 driveshaft

may also part the 87 XJ, depends on te interest here.

Has a good drivetrain, good D30 front, d35 rear with pinion bearings jacked up. REALLY good interior, with the fat boy reclining bases.
I will be stealing all of the renix electronics for spares.
Has a brandy new gas tank, only three dents!

How much for the stock XJ tank skid?

Well, I know the idea is to get stuff out of your driveway...but could you hang onto it til Pig Gig for 30?

thanks!

Back