• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio question

Re: Radio question FIXED

Trailbst said:
Now knowing this, yes your radio is broke. It is not tuning correctly, or the mixer is not properly doing it's job.

Unfortunately, since it's a discontinued product, it will probably cost you as much to fix it, as to buy a new head unit.

RADIO FIXED!!!!!

Being that I work in a Jeep dealership, I decided to do what any other customer would do in this situation. I went to the service manager, showed him where I bought it just a week before, explained the problem, sent it to United Radio, and they returned it reapired and with a bill for $155.00 which I then put on the warranty repair order and let them handle it.

Problem UR said was there was a loose solder connection on the main board and the tuner was"all out of whack". Took 3 days to send it , repair and return. Installed it last night and it works perfectly.

Re: Radio question FIXED////SOLVED

partsbill said:
RADIO FIXED!!!!!

Being that I work in a Jeep dealership, I decided to do what any other customer would do in this situation. I went to the service manager, showed him where I bought it just a week before, explained the problem, sent it to United Radio, and they returned it reapired and with a bill for $155.00 which I then put on the warranty repair order and let them handle it.

Problem UR said was there was a loose solder connection on the main board and the tuner was"all out of whack". Took 3 days to send it , repair and return. Installed it last night and it works perfectly.

The warranty administrator wanted to piss and m,oan a little but when I explained the situation to him, he got it paid thru chrysler. Problem solved!!!

partsbill said:
I just bought the LAST factory accessory AM/FM/CD player in the chrysler system from a dealer in CT. Once I installed it this morning, several local stations that I normally listen to come in clear but the volume is real low. Other stations ; not normally heard in this area; are coming in like gangbusters and I have to turn the volume down to normal. The CD works fine and the volume reacts normally. Why are the local ststions coming in with such low volume?
Switch to "Local" when tuning to a local station. I think it' named Lo/Ds

Back