• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PUTCO H4 Harness Relays Bad!

LazersGoPEWPEW

NAXJA Forum User
Both the relays that came with the harness went bad. Anybody know which Bosch replacements I could get?

bosch style wont plug in. go get honda relays from the parts store... google for the part number, i know it was posted on one or two forums in the past

Or get two dual 87 pin relays and redo all of the connectors to make it more universal.

Protips on how to do this? Is it fairly simple?

I would get a couple of relays like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VU4Y0Q/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SL500_SY115

Maybe you can find one that already has the leads wired and you don't have to deal with crimping on connectors. Hook the headlights wires one to each 87 pin for both high and low beams and the rest is wired like a normal relay.

Also, I dont think the Putco harness has a fuse in the lead from the relay to the 12v source, you should add a set of inline ATC fuses while you're at it.

Check your relays first. I thought my relays went bad in my harness and it turned out to be the connections at the relay plug. The wires were not crimped correctly. That's what we get for buying a harness made In a sweat shop. Now I have 4 spares on hand

Check your relays first. I thought my relays went bad in my harness and it turned out to be the connections at the relay plug. The wires were not crimped correctly. That's what we get for buying a harness made In a sweat shop. Now I have 4 spares on hand

Yea, I tested when the first one failed. So it is the relays for sure. They are just nasty. Gotta clean them up then test again :)

Build your own harness, if you dont know how relays work, check the gojeep writeup over on his website.

People shop around to find the cheapest POS harness they can find, then search around to save $5 off that...THEN complain when its just that, a peice of shit. You get what you pay for, why anyone would install one of these is beyond me...

Build your own harness, if you dont know how relays work, check the gojeep writeup over on his website.

People shop around to find the cheapest POS harness they can find, then search around to save $5 off that...THEN complain when its just that, a peice of shit. You get what you pay for, why anyone would install one of these is beyond me...

I've installed 4 of the POSs. Not one failure. But, I installed the relays using the brackets and the terminals facing DOWN. I also grounded the relays real well by scraping the ground points to bare metal.

The harness works, it's the relay that's the weak point.

Re: Re: PUTCO H4 Harness Relays Bad!

Absolutely. Found several of the connectors have come loose. Redid the connector for both relay sockets and soldered. No issue since...

Back