• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Purple XJ in York

No kidding theres another purple one besides mine, Im in Va. though

XTrmXJ said:
No kidding theres another purple one besides mine, Im in Va. though

Different shades of purple, dude. I think in your year it was called Amethyst (my wife wanted one that color but it was no longer available in '01) but Andy's '96 is really a Barney the dinosaur purple.

Andy in Pa. said:
That was me.

Andy

ahh, I knew I had seen pics of it from trail rides, couldnt rember who's it was though.. I was milling around on Saturday, and some members of my local club, Maryland Jeep Club, had a booth there. One of these days I will meet another NAC member (caleb is the only one I have met so far) but I guess a trail ride would solve that :banghead:

Yep, get yer junk on the trail with us. My wife and I aren't much into the whole "show" thing with the Jeep (yes, the Jeep was washed in the past week, it rained Friday night), but that was a good time. The rock course looked somewhat techincal, but anyone who had the right gears and lockers walked it easily. It was fun watching the boneheads that had 33" tires and factory gears try to run it. Especially if they were driving a stick. I was tempted to try it with the sway bar connected to make it more challenging.

Some of the vendors had some good deals on stuff too.

Andy

Andy in Pa. said:
Yep, get yer junk on the trail with us. My wife and I aren't much into the whole "show" thing with the Jeep (yes, the Jeep was washed in the past week, it rained Friday night), but that was a good time. The rock course looked somewhat techincal, but anyone who had the right gears and lockers walked it easily. It was fun watching the boneheads that had 33" tires and factory gears try to run it. Especially if they were driving a stick. I was tempted to try it with the sway bar connected to make it more challenging.

Some of the vendors had some good deals on stuff too.

Andy

I figured I would have been "that guy" to flop it somewhere on the course..

No Mitch, I did not get any pics. I didn't think it was going to be that big of a "thing" so left the camera at home.

Yes, I saw the TNT stuff, nice, but I already run Claytons so didn't pay much attention to it.

Yep Joe, had Barnabus there. My Jeep was the one that got comments like, "Yeah, nice setup you have, I like the used and abused look..." The Jeep was actually fairly clean though, it has rained quite a bit lately down this way.

A.

there was 2 rock courses this year. an easy one and a hard one. i wathced the hard side to see if any jeeps made it through and i saw everyone get pulled off.(a rockbuggie, a guy w/38's, and a guy w/40's). so on sunday i took the bull by the horns and tried it. made it though twice.
33 mtr's and lockers

f315e082.jpg
f315e08f.jpg

Appalachianxj said:
did you guys check out the tnt kit we had on display?

I didnt get a chance.. I liked the Grey XJ w/ appalachian stix on it.. wanted to get a closer look at the cage, but didnt see him after he ran around the course (wife didnt want to stay too long)..
But my junk is on a budget so "kit" usually doesnt apply. I still have to install the 8 1/4 I bought from one of your guys (blue xj, D44 now)..

I can get some pic's for ya. Helped build the cage. The b pillar is a yj roll bar(SHADY). A pillar 2'' 120 wall, speaders 2'' 120 wall. rest is all square and some more DOM. The shock mounts come through the floor and mount to the cage.

cage hasen't been used yet. We been eggin' him on to roll it.

Hey Jeanies Driver,
You want to hear something really funny??

I was thinking the same thing when I PASSED you on 340 this morning!!

I was in my Subaru, and all of the sudden here comes this rather large purple XJ towards me. If I could have turned my car around fast enough, I would have followed you. Looks like your XJ is rattle can purple (meaning you WANTED it purple...umm...ok..) Mine is that factory color that most resembles that annoying dinosaur.

Andy

lmao, yup that was me,,,every day 30 to 340 south and straight through the light at business 30,up over the hill to tattersall i go. :D i'm through there every morning around 6:45 to 7:00 if i dont whack the snooze.

good thing about being an excavator, my job site is my own personal playground.

as for the rattle can purple, i just got that XJ last week and it's definately not my color of choice. i wanna paint it nicely to some extent but rattle can black or gray or anything other than purple may find it's way there shortly ! everyone look's at me and i feel kinda lastara

Back