• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Protofab rear bumper with tire carrier

themud

NAXJA Forum User
I have a used Protofab rear bumper with tire carrier that I just pulled off my junk about 2 weeks ago I want it outta the way I can put up actual pics if needed but the link I put up is the actual bumper I bought from protofab... These go for 675 new I will take 375 due to the custom nature of the the bottom quarters and the denting and scratches... It could use some new rattle can and you will need the bottom braces that tie into the nut strips if you have them(I would highly recommend this for strength) or just pick up some 1/4" flat stock and make your own.. I raised the mount for the spare about 3" or so and added some gussets to strenghten it the current bolt pattern is a for 5 on 5.5 so if your still running the factory 5 on 4.5 itll have to change I might be able to do that for you...

http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=00&ID2=34

themud

heres some of the parts that need love(IE paint)...
It does have dent and the rear quarters are beaten a bit but they have held up well and some hammer action can fix it quick I just never messed with it..

themud

IMG_0139.jpg IMG_0140.jpg

No one needs a bumper that needs just some paint on it??? If you want to fix it perfect a bit of hammering to push the corners back out..

themud

its probably too pricey for a used bumper. I know I think so.

Well then offer me 300 for it...

Thats half the price for a new bumper and yep its used but it would last another 30 years even being beat on like we do it... Offroad461 is right they used to be 500 with the price of steel now itll cost you more than that to make one let alone the mount with bushings and the latch... There is nothing wrong with it my rig is just going in a different direction now and I want the clearance to go with it....

themud

Well then offer me 300 for it...

Thats half the price for a new bumper and yep its used but it would last another 30 years even being beat on like we do it... Offroad461 is right they used to be 500 with the price of steel now itll cost you more than that to make one let alone the mount with bushings and the latch... There is nothing wrong with it my rig is just going in a different direction now and I want the clearance to go with it....

themud

Lol Idk where you buy your steel, bushing and such but that thing wouldn't cost you anywhere near half the price to build. I think you will have better luck selling it to some sucker on CL, they like to over pay for stuff :D

Lol Idk where you buy your steel, bushing and such but that thing wouldn't cost you anywhere near half the price to build. I think you will have better luck selling it to some sucker on CL, they like to over pay for stuff :D

Its not just the steel but the 500 bucks for the bender or you can have someone bend it for a hell of a lot more than that apparently you forgot benders aren't free and neither is a fab shops time...

themud

I have a bender. even before I had one I still wouldn't spend that much on a bumper when a simple rectangle tube bought for $30-40 does the job. Bumpers are way over priced and I have never been able to figure out why people sink that much money into buying a bumper when they don't even have lockers, good tires, or good axles.

I have a bender. even before I had one I still wouldn't spend that much on a bumper when a simple rectangle tube bought for $30-40 does the job. Bumpers are way over priced and I have never been able to figure out why people sink that much money into buying a bumper when they don't even have lockers, good tires, or good axles.

Dude where do you find a 30-40 bumper? My stock bumpers are junk the cheapest bumpers I have found it a kit from desert fab for 250

So you have already spent more than that how much was the bender?? and good bumpers are expensive because they take time and money and good designs to make... Making a bumper from 30 or 40 dollars worth of steel looks like crap sorry if you don't see that bumper many others do... I would rather spend a few bucks and get a good and stout design bumper that doesn't look like complete crap... As far as mine you cant make it for less than what Im selling it for price out a bender(already puts you above my price) and the steel and go from there quit spouting prices that are not real world for 95% of the jeepers that don't have a bender already or better yet get a quote for bender time in a shop better yet how about a brake to fold the 1/4" plate you got a way to do that??? I bet not and still have it look good not like crap...

themud

bump its still for sale..

So you have already spent more than that how much was the bender?? and good bumpers are expensive because they take time and money and good designs to make... Making a bumper from 30 or 40 dollars worth of steel looks like crap sorry if you don't see that bumper many others do... I would rather spend a few bucks and get a good and stout design bumper that doesn't look like complete crap... As far as mine you cant make it for less than what Im selling it for price out a bender(already puts you above my price) and the steel and go from there quit spouting prices that are not real world for 95% of the jeepers that don't have a bender already or better yet get a quote for bender time in a shop better yet how about a brake to fold the 1/4" plate you got a way to do that??? I bet not and still have it look good not like crap...

themud

bump its still for sale..

Fyi you paid too much for your bumper and it still looks like crap. bender cost $250, yes I can brake 1/4" plate,

Back