• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Widebody XJ-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Click Here For the Full Story

DSC_03452.jpg

DSC_03652-1.jpg

-Matt

I love it! A few questions....
-Any plans to bring the front of the fenders in to the grill?
-How tough are they? If someone were to hit you hard enough to flip a car would your fenders hold up to such a hit effectively?
-From the pictures it looks like the front of the rear arch is perpendicular to the body. Any thoughts on making the mounting point a little further to make it a smoother transition?
-Do you see enough speed to warrant developing better aero devices? (Lower front valance, under body trays, etc.) Does the governing body allow that?

I love it! A few questions....
-Any plans to bring the front of the fenders in to the grill?
Yes, we actually have another grill/front clip/valance that we're going to section and widen to match the new front width...just ran out of time.
-How tough are they? If someone were to hit you hard enough to flip a car would your fenders hold up to such a hit effectively?
The front is no less strong than it was stock, so not very, but better than nothing. The rears are quite stout and would hold up well in light contact.
-From the pictures it looks like the front of the rear arch is perpendicular to the body. Any thoughts on making the mounting point a little further to make it a smoother transition?
They actually follow the original lines pretty well, some of that is just camera angle. That being said, I'd love to do the whole project over again using what I learned this time around, but it's just not important enough to bother with. We were originally going to bondo everything to make it smoother, but honestly my motivation has evaporated. We can race, that's really my prime concern at this point.
-Do you see enough speed to warrant developing better aero devices? (Lower front valance, under body trays, etc.) Does the governing body allow that?
We can do whatever we want, just never really felt we'd see a huge return. I kinda suspect that anything I dream up will be less efficient than leaving it alone. Too many projects, too little time....

-Matt

Thats cool man, I want to get into the race of lemons eventually, maybe I'll see you out there someday, your jeep definitely has taken a life onto its own, I saw it in JP magazine the first time a while back, then everywhere else ever since

Pshhh I got wide body too
cbdae9b8.jpg

Lol I'm jk looks pretty good. What was your guys reason for doing the wb?

Holy shit he got some air. Didnt even look like his tires stuck out. How fast do you think you all were going?

Fast enough to send that little car airborne:D

Honestly, that Ford has to weigh next to nothing compared to that Gremlin (I'd be willing to bet it's about 2/3's the weight of the Petty Cash rig) and then if they're running at highway speeds or more on top of it, things got real bad, really quick.

Back