• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project older and wiser

Not entirely sure yet. The shackle tabs are welded onto the L2x2x1/4" so my moch up can be complete and I can get a better idea of what I want to do. The 1/4 panel guard will come later in the form of 2" DOM tying in from my sliders, over the wheel well and into the bumper. I dont want 2" sticking out from the side of the bumper until im ready to link in the DOM. As I'm writing this, I'm just now thinking I will angle the bumper up as if the 2" is added on, cap it, paint it for the winter and then when I'm ready to add the DOM, (which may be a couple years with this deployment comming up) I will add the 2" sections on the sides.

As far as the shift knobs, I went with both.

DSC01903.jpg

I took the spoon off the grenade for now, it clanks around too much. Ill JB weld it later. The rock is infinitely more comfortable then open threads which I've had for the last week or so.

I was having a hard time getting onto 5th gear with the GPS plugged into the power outlet so I installed another one near the steering column with the unused wires from the cigarette lighter.
DSC01902.jpg

Got my inverter in the mail yesterday and spent some time wiring it up. Its an 800 W continuous 1600 peak.

I cut the plugs out and relocated one in the back of the console and one in the truck. There is also a usb outlet that i will relocate to the inside of the console.

what I started with
DSC01910.jpg

Interter in place. Just need to fasten it to the body. I made a wooden riser to keep it off the carpet and away from any water.
DSC01915.jpg

outlet in the rear of the console in the old ashtray
DSC01914.jpg

outlet in the trunk
DSC01916.jpg

Extending the wires that are soldered to the board was a bitch. I had to be very gentle so I did not pop toe solder but also firm enough to strip it and solder a lead on etc. After that it was just about organization and attention to detail.

I love it... please tell me you insulated those connections behind the outlets though, right? :shocked:

Time to power wash those carpets.

back from Afghanistan, bought a house, time to work on the jeep. currently replacing all the hard brake lines and the pcm. heavy dose of bodyrot on the rockers from the wonderful new England winters.

with the mortgage, the build will have to wait until the spring, the original plan was this summer. for now its just basic stuff.

WOOHOO UPDATES FORTHCOMING!

Back