• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

I think this thread needs to be renamed "Troy's MJ A.D.D. Thread" as he is on his 4th or 5th "new gen" project MJ now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he will concentrate a little better since they finally let him cash in his get out of jail free card.....

...... Or the fact that I finally found one worth keeping and putting my efforts into..... :thumbup:

No A.D.D. Just having fun! Got no kids so what the hell....... :dunno:

Found this interesting. A guy on ComancheClub posted a scan of the orig. window sticker he found in his '91 Eliminator........Only difference between his and mine is color and mine doesn't have cruise control.

Dunno that I would have paid over $17K for an MJ........ I bought my '91 S10 4x4 extra cab short bed 4.3/5 speed for just over $14K brand new after graduating the Sheriff's Dept. academy....

91ElimSticker.jpg

132_0088.jpg

132_0070.jpg

132_0089.jpg

Thanks Sam. That guy got one helluva nice MJ. :thumbup:

They may have been overpriced for a truck, but in the Springs in the early 90's, dealers were getting $2k over list for XJ's. My 90 Laredo XJ originally sold for $28k.

holy christ. I never really thought about it, but there's a decent possibility I have never paid as much for a vehicle as its original owner paid... for sales+excise tax.

I can't picture paying 28k for an XJ. I'd probably pay 12-15 for an MJ on the dealer floor if they had them right now, though (and if I needed a new truck.)

Ugh.... what was this guy thinking? :puke:

6-24002.jpg

6-24004.jpg

6-24003.jpg

It actually fits on there pretty nicely, but the rounded body lines of the ranger just don't match up with the MJ's. That, and I highly dislike step-sides.

I almost like it. I bet he was thinking "my bed is super crusty and dented, no way will I find a clean one for cheap, this looks pretty ok"!

If ya had to do a step-side bed on an MJ, it be better to take one from an early ranger/courier or chevy luv truck........

2305620051_large.jpg

97+ is still squared off compared to the super rounded lines of that ranger bed. You'd need 80's thru early 90's era S-10/Ranger but I don't think they had stepsides for those years.

Wasn't the Ranger Splash the first to be offered with Step-sides? That was when all their vehicles got all rounded and jelly bean looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On full size trucks I prefer the "long" bed but on mini-trucks like S-10's, Rangers, etc I prefer the shorter beds.

I prefer the looks of a shortbed MJ but if I go through with my plans of making a dually V8 one ton MJ I'll definitely wish I started with a longbed. I think the dually fender flares would just look more proportional on a LWB and the extra wheelbase would definitely help.

Back