• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Geosynchronous Orbit

only if Mopar made clear valve covers in that style, looks amazing dood

Thanks Rob.

Yeah clear valve covers would be cool :laugh:

I've been getting a wicked good deal on everything through my uncle though. Not including the fuel injection stuff (just motor stuff) I'm into it for under $2500 including the roller rockers and all machine work.

Thanks Rob.

Yeah clear valve covers would be cool :laugh:

I've been getting a wicked good deal on everything through my uncle though. Not including the fuel injection stuff (just motor stuff) I'm into it for under $2500 including the roller rockers and all machine work.
we need a jealous smiley, in seriousness your time/hard work is really payin off, kick dick job dude

Prepare for a bombardment of pictures (and booger welds). I'm also going to jump around a lot.

I've been trying to haul ass in order to make NACfest, and so far so good.

I had the engine on the stand and just wanted to double check my original measurements with downpipe to oil pan clearance. Plenty of room.

100_0247.jpg

100_0248.jpg

Half welded bung from Milodon :rolleyes:. 100% leak tested my ass. I threw some boogers at it and now it's fine.

100_0250.jpg

Clutch fork is from a 70s B/E body Mopar. They use a piece of spring steel instead of a return spring/pivot ball. Actually much nicer, and you can remove/insert the clutch fork without pulling the bellhousing. Throwout bearing is a standard Dodge NV4500 (1.125" 10 spline input shaft).

100_0252.jpg

100_0254.jpg

100_0251.jpg

Gussetted/painted motor mounts.

100_0256.jpg

100_0257.jpg

Fresh paint means rebuilt, right?

100_0258.jpg

Patched the firewall and welded up the pinch seam on the passenger side after my temper tantrum with the floor and the coolant tubes wanting to occupy the same space.

100_0260.jpg

100_0261.jpg

If you notice in the last pic, my front brake line went over the firewall and down the UCA to the front axle. Since I now have some larger exhaust tubing and the coolant tubes over there, I'm thinking of running it down the trackbar, over the ram skid, and splitting it behind the tubes as well. More vulnerable, I guess?

100_0262.jpg

Flywheel on with ARP bolts (cause I'm ghey).

100_0263.jpg

Organic/ceramic 11" clutch disc and CF pressure plate on.

100_0264.jpg

Bellhousing on. Had to use offset dowel pins and check runout a few times. Got it within .005" in every direction.

100_0265.jpg

Whole assembly.

100_0266.jpg

Going in with the help of padre.

100_0267.jpg

Sittin pretty.

100_0268.jpg

Crank pulley/winch clearance.

100_0269.jpg

Gonna have to clock up the clutch release.

100_0271.jpg

Overall underneath shot.

100_0273.jpg

Another shot. Just because.

100_0274.jpg

JUST LOOK AT IT.

100_0275.jpg

Breakin of the engine should happen next Saturday or Sunday. A lot of little bullshit after that, the main biggy being the Megasquirt/TBI setup. Still shooting for a breakin run first or second weekend of June.

I have your sixth :spin1: throttle body sitting in my van, and will be making a run to home depot and possibly the JY tomorrow, if you're at work tomorrow I can drop it by while I'm out east. Came off a 93 chevy pickup with a 5.7/350.

Back