• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: #becauseracejeep

Kit $1000, SS box $580, S/C $100 ebay. 100% bolt-on, plug and play.

So first of all, awesome! Wish you guys were up in MA. We'd have a whole class for auto crossing XJs!

Not sure if you saw it but I built an XJ-R. It's an all out turbocharged race machine. Www.Facebook.xom/jeepxjr

Watching your video auto crossing, as an instructor I would tell you to stop driving like your going to the mall. Get you hands on the wheel and keep them there. You'll be able to react to oversteer quickly and you'll get a lot faster. And get that damn elbow off the window sill! Lol watch my codriver driving the XJ-R.

http://youtu.be/yeavGYmNU-E

Just for fun:
http://youtu.be/hO3WaaLkYx8

Again awesome job. I'll be following your build for sure!

So first of all, awesome! Wish you guys were up in MA. We'd have a whole class for auto crossing XJs!

Not sure if you saw it but I built an XJ-R. It's an all out turbocharged race machine. Www.Facebook.xom/jeepxjr

Watching your video auto crossing, as an instructor I would tell you to stop driving like your going to the mall. Get you hands on the wheel and keep them there. You'll be able to react to oversteer quickly and you'll get a lot faster. And get that damn elbow off the window sill! Lol watch my codriver driving the XJ-R.

http://youtu.be/yeavGYmNU-E

Just for fun:
http://youtu.be/hO3WaaLkYx8

Again awesome job. I'll be following your build for sure!
Haha... Yeah. Elbow on the window wasn't a good idea, but there were points in the course where I was just cruising because I couldn't get it to go past 1/8th throttle (mostly in left turns), so I'm going to have to fix that. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Elbows will definitely be tucked in next time. ;)

I've had my eye on the XJR build for a while. Looks like a very impressive machine. It's mind boggling how quicky an XJ can make it through corners. Good job on that build! :D

Apparently I was lifting tire too.. Whoops! Wish I would've gotten that on video though. Lmao

Yeah, X2 on your hand and elbow placement. My brother said it was scary to see that you lifted the rear inside tire around the first u-turn and that it looked close to the start of a roll-over. I lift the inside front on the m3 at times:

You might be having the same fuel issue we are. How full was your tank? With the stock tank we have to run about 3/4 tank to keep from having fuel starvation problems! We are working on a solution now. Easy fix, fill her up!

Well, my 96 ended up the day with an 1/8th tank with no problems. . .
I have a Walbro 255lph in there if that changed anything(it is whiny, so might be extra close to the bottom).

Well, my 96 ended up the day with an 1/8th tank with no problems. . .
I have a Walbro 255lph in there if that changed anything(it is whiny, so might be extra close to the bottom).

Did you mount the pump in the stock location? Is the pickup tube any different than stock?

Jeep doing work
94F13240-2A59-43DF-9B98-578152CA844A-10221-0000069582DA7FB4.jpg

Pump is in stock location. Started the day w/ a little more than 1/4 and 16 runs later is a little less than 1/8. I need to run a bigger gauge power wire to the pump, cause I can hear the pitch of the whine decrease when both e-fans are engaged at idle(already have 8awg from batt to pdc).

My throttle problem isn't fuel related. Had almost a full tank. The problem is somewhere in the mechanical linkage (throttle cable or throttle body).

Lifted the inside rear tire? Hmm...... I'm going to be lowering the rear another 1.5" and then the front to match. And I'm going to put in stiffer front coils. Maybe that'll help.. Idk. Gotta play with it more. Lol.

? More air in the front tires?

What air pressure were you running in the shocks and are they tied onto one tap or is each one filled separately? Dad ran airshocks on his XJ's for nearly 2 decades and mine has a set that is identical to yours on it right now and all three trucks ran 235/75/R15 all terrains (usually some variant of GY Wrangler) and have found using 35-36psi in all 4 tires and the shocks with the airlines hooked up to one fitting have allowed for some pretty decent handling characteristics on otherwise stock XJ's.

What air pressure were you running in the shocks and are they tied onto one tap or is each one filled separately? Dad ran airshocks on his XJ's for nearly 2 decades and mine has a set that is identical to yours on it right now and all three trucks ran 235/75/R15 all terrains (usually some variant of GY Wrangler) and have found using 35-36psi in all 4 tires and the shocks with the airlines hooked up to one fitting have allowed for some pretty decent handling characteristics on otherwise stock XJ's.
Tire pressure was 32psi all around. Front shocks are Tee'd together. Rears are Tee'd. Front and rear are independent of each other. 15psi front, 20psi rear.

2 degree offset ball joints sound good for the future.

Interesting, I always have run separate lines to prevent body roll...Its helps going around a corner on the street, I can only imagine what shared lines on the track feels like :(

The air shocks are an interesting venture. Maybe tee left F+R and right F+R.

Back