• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre-runner type suspension stuff

Anybody know af a good leaf pack for doing some fast stuff but still driving on the street and maybe a little light towing(3 place motorcycle trailer) I am just trying to stay away from the spendy deaver pack...?

what the.....?

slcpunk74 said:
Anybody know af a good leaf pack for doing some fast stuff but still driving on the street and maybe a little light towing(3 place motorcycle trailer) I am just trying to stay away from the spendy deaver pack...?

what lift?

ford ranger leafs, rustys, RE, DPG

I went with re 4.5" so hopefully I like it... If I dont they go on my other xj(the slower one :)

I am looking for shocks now. I wanna do a 10" resi shock up front and I might someday race a little js so I need to be legal. I js cannot decide on what to get. What is good for the money with a resi and a 2.5" body??

Skullvarian said:
hopefully a mod can clear all this jumble up because it could be useful to somebody proir to all of this eflexing.

So, from where would you guys like to see it cleaned up? I can clean it up, but I have no desire to step on anyone's toes. This thread has been off topic for quite some time, but there is some pretty good info here for folks that are looking for it.

BTW, I think that truck is bad ass, I love seeing a built Comanche.

I started this thread way back when trying to deal with go fast pre-running type stuff for our XJ's. Now, I could start another thread about real go fast racing stuff for the buggy. :)

Last edited:
Goatman said:
So, from where would you guys like to see it cleaned up? I can clean it up, but I have no desire to step on anyone's toes. This thread has been off topic for quite some time, but there is some pretty good info here for folks that are looking for it.

BTW, I think that truck is bad ass, I love seeing a built Comanche.

I started this thread way back when trying to deal with go fast pre-running type stuff for our XJ's. Now, I could start another thread about real go fast racing stuff for the buggy. :)
Whatever you feel like. It won't hurt my feelings any.

Last edited:
OK, back to our regularly scheduled program. BTW, I reposted the pics of that truck in it's own thread if you guys would like to start over. :cheers:

what shock mounts up front do you guys use? What about lower trac bar brackets? Pics..?

I treid to look up the t and j shock mounts but the site was under construction(like 80% of Utah).I tried to call them but the number did not work.

I was looking at the jks bar pin adaptors and they look ok but the price is a little steep.
I was thinking I could just run the lower bar pin adaptors the way they are and get the top ones tied into the cage somhow or just brace them with some 3/16 plate inside the engine compart. I dont know what do you guys run?

Lower
000_0558.jpg

Upper
000_0437.jpg

The T&J uppers mounts are easy enough to fab, just time. I may go this route in the future, but for now these work for me.

I was thinking of just making the uppers but they had a tapered bushing and I didnt know if this was crucial to the life of a racing style shocks mounting joint. If it is not needed then I will make them.

no they are slanted. I assume to put all the mount on the rotation assy of the shock eye mount. I dont know if this is a big thing or not.

Everyone that I've talked to who went with these JKS BPE mounts say they're not worth the hassle....or cost.
Here's how JKS addresses the uppers for a tapered race style shock.
JKS9605B.jpg

I just dont know if the tapered bushing deal is needed with a racing shock. can I just make my own mounts like yours and run them without bushings with a hiem joint shock mount?

slcpunk74 said:
I just dont know if the tapered bushing deal is needed with a racing shock. can I just make my own mounts like yours and run them without bushings with a hiem joint shock mount?

Don't know why not.......just get some tapered spacers to allow shock bushing movement and you're set. Call Von at Ben Hanks Racing in SLC, they may stock these.

slcpunk74 said:

Chad make your own lowers and get some misalignment spacers (tapered bushings) from any shop in town. (Rocklogic, Teraflex, Ben Hanks Racing, I'm sure speedway racing has them too)

Im gonna make my uppers and lowers so I need to just find those tapered bushing deals.

Back