• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Portable toilet

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I think the Sierra Chapter should buy a portable toilet to use on all the club Rubicon runs. FOTR has recommended this action by clubs. Our local club, Bakersfield Trailblazers, just bought one from Cabela's for under $300 including the whole kit with enclosure. If more groups and clubs would invest in portable toilets and be willing to carry and use them on the 'Con we wouldn't have the bad situation that currently exists at Spider Lake.

What do you think? We can raise the money. I think everyone on the Rubicon trip in Aug would/could kick in an extra few bucks, or we could take potty donations on each of this summers runs to pay for it.

Cabela's PET portable enviro-friendly toilet

Last edited:
Goatman said:
I think the Sierra Chapter should buy a portable toilet to use on all the club Rubicon runs. FOTR has recommended this action by clubs. Our local club, Bakersfield Trailblazers, just bought one from Cabela's for under $300 including the whole kit with enclosure. If more groups and clubs would invest in portable toilets and be willing to carry and use them on the 'Con we wouldn't have the bad situation that currently exists at Spider Lake.

What do you think? We can raise the money. I think everyone on the Rubicon trip in Aug would/could kick in an extra few bucks, or we could take potty donations on each of this summers runs to pay for it.

Cabela's PET portable enviro-friendly toilet

I'm for it, I'm bring my port-a-potty to Swamp. It's for the wife and kids.

Here's another price, http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=121819

Maybe we can hold a raffle or something? Also, then members can buy ther own Bag Kits.

JeepFreak21 said:
Just to give you another idea...
It's quite a bit bulkier and doesn't have a tent, but I can get these pretty cheap through my work. Prices range from about $80 - $130.
http://www.thetford.com/portable_main.cfm
Billy

That's like mine, but then you have chemicals and such. Goatman's is pretty easy, do you business the burry or burn it.

I was thinking of the Pet system for the wife and kids as well. The only bad thing about it is initial cost, but if you have a group that pitches in then it wouldn't be so bad. I do like the wag bag things because they already have the chemicals to get rid of the smell and to gel the contents so it can't spill over upon transport to the nearest dump. Here is the home page for the makers of the Pett, the one Gioat's talking about: http://thepett.com/

-Mike

I've been using a cardboard stand with the PETT system for almost a year now on my excursions through the Rubicon.
They work really well and are not a big deal to use and transport.
I was about to order a resupply of wag bags so I'll go ahead and get an extra.

Jes

I'm all for it. I think the Rubicon trip is a good opportunity to show not all wheelers desicrate (or should I say deficate :) ) the earth.

The sportsman's Guide is out of stock till Aug. 2. And I bet they will be in short supply locally real soon as well.

JeepFreak21 said:
There's these too... :shocked: ONLY $15!!
http://www.outbackpack.com/
Billy

We have to get the one Billy found, It has a Cherokee in on the webpage! :D

img1.gif

Jes said:
Actually, that's the one I use.

I just ordered a couple 12packs of wag bags and the PETT privacy enclosure.

Jes
I have got to re-think sitting down for a 12 pack with Jess!

I know :dunce: sorry!

I know this sounds ghetto, but in the all of my units, we use a folding steel chair with a hole cut in it. As a container, we use regular trash bags inside an MRE box... Keep It Simple, right?

Some have gotten fancy and glued a seat on top, but a regular hole in the seat works fine.

The idea isn't to find the cheapest solution, it's to find the proper solution. If you guys are willing to carry a plastic bag filled with waste from a group of people in your own rig, just step up and volunteer, and be sure you go on every run. :)

The idea of the PETT system/WAG bags is that it's sanitary and easy to use/carry. The chemical is in the bag, no need to carry or handle the chemical, and the waste is quickly turned into a harmless, odorless gel that can be disposed of in a trash can or dumpster........something you wouldn't mind carrying out in your rig.

Jes, sounds good. A couple of cardboard seats (spares) and enough WAG bags gets the job done, and the enclosure is nicer especially for the ladies.

BTW, will you have it at Swamp?

I will bring it to Swamp but I only have one wag bag left. I had been meaning to order more for months but had been too busy and forgot.
Should have the resupply and shelter by the first week of August so it'll be awn for the Rubicon run. We'll be shittin' pretty. ;) :D

Jes

Back