• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pismo run May 21-22

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
How about a run to Pismo?

We're going for the weekend on May 21-22, and will be camping on the beach. It shouldn't be very crowded since the busy Memorial Day weekend is the following weekend. I'm not into a steady diet of sand dunes, but once in a while it's a real kick.

Dune running, campfire in the sand, potluck dinner, night runs, enlightening campfire discussions........should be fun. :)

Anyone want to go?

about 3 hours if you drive somewhat normally. was already planning on being up there anyways (wine festival for the girls/playing in the sand for the boys)so i look forward to meeting up with the XJ crew :thumbup:

WOW! I am actually going to be in town, I will check it out with the misses. See if she can get the weekend.

loop said:
(wine festival for the girls/playing in the sand for the boys)so i look forward to meeting up with the XJ crew
Ooooh. A wine festival? Would definitely make it more fun for the wife. Do you have any information on that? Name or URL?

OK then who is going to bring up the extra vehicles for the wives to go drink wine in? :gag:

Very tempting, I dont think the heep will be done by them.....but it would be a ton of fun. I know some trails in that area too. Kinda wooded by some of the lakes. Nothing too scary but kinda fun. I used to go to school up in san luis obispo

I'm game! The next weekend is High Desert Round Up www.hidesertroundup.com Anyone going? Is NAXJA going to set up an XJ camp?

I'm local to the area and this would be a very good weekend as its not to crowded and yes there is a wine festival in Paso Robles about 40 miles north of the dunes. The wine festival is one of the best in the state. I would only be able to go Sunday as I have to work Saterday, but if anybody is interested I could lead a trail run up Lopez Canyon. Not real Difficult but can be a challenge if you take some of the alternate lines. It also follows a creek with a lot of water crossings and some mud. The trail usually only takes a couple of hours so we could do it in the morning and be back to the dunes by noon.
Mark.

GSequoia said:
I talked to Holly and she's all over the idea.

You're gonna have to put up with us Richard..sorry about that :D

There's no John Bull trail there, so everything should be fine.

:D

BTW, it's a good idea to rig up some sort of flag for the dunes. I found one easily when I went looking for one, but don't remember where. You can rig up some sort of mount or just use wire ties and attach it to something. You also need a light at the end of it for running at night, which is fun to do. An easy thing to do is to tape a light stick to the top of your flag, if you don't want to go to the trouble of rigging up a small lightbulb.

Good point Richard, good thing I have a 6' CB Antenna handy for a mast ;)

For a light I'm thinking of picking up a bright blue LED and sticking it to the top, then I'll just run the wires down the antenna to a 9V battery taped to the bottom.

Sequoia

Hey, just a throught...

What does everybody think of bringing out some different wines they like and we can have our own little wine tasting? Holly is a wino and loves to find new stuff ;) She'll be brining out some stuff of course.

And of course I'll bring out a couple different beers too :cheers:

Sequoia

The flags shouldnt be a problem for anyone, When you exit and head down 1st street, almost every store sells them. They're about $6 not to expensive. And yes the light stick is the best idea for night time, but carry extra ones cus they do tend to go flying off. Ill be in Pismo for 5days in June, but will definetly try to make this one to.

GSequoia said:
What does everybody think of bringing out some different wines they like and we can have our own little wine tasting?
I like that idea!

GSequoia said:
Hey, just a throught...

What does everybody think of bringing out some different wines they like and we can have our own little wine tasting? Holly is a wino and loves to find new stuff ;) She'll be brining out some stuff of course.

Sequoia

Sounds good to me..........I'll bring a bottle or two.

:cheers:

damn damn damn... I'm getting back to Cali the night of the 21st and I turn 21 the day before so I would be able to participate in the festivities ( :cheers: ). oh well, the next weekend I'm going to the Black Rock desert with a bunch of guys from my church (and Phil's coming). Beer, cigars, beef, trucks, motorcycles, guns, hiking... ah, I can't wait.

Have fun guys!

BrettM said:
oh well, the next weekend I'm going to the Black Rock desert with a bunch of guys from my church (and Phil's coming). Beer, cigars, beef, trucks, motorcycles, guns, hiking... ah, I can't wait.

QUOTE]

Sounds like a very lively revival, a Real come to Jesus Event. Is Phil bringing the poisonous snakes? :laugh3:

Back