• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pig Gig Oh-Ten Sept. 4, 2010

thanks Mike, at least there will still be cheese there :D

Hey, the way I see it, I can be loud and obnoxious, I've got a big gut, like cheeze/bacon and have a hot wife. I ought to be able to fill your shoes well.
:D

I will pick up a pint of BBQ sauce from my favorite hole-in-the-wall BBQ place. Also will bring a side dish of some sort.

And yesterday I bought a Sig P226 in 9mm. I am ready for this thing now. :D

meh...Guido and Vinnie can properly put a .22 shell where they want with the same end results as any other gun...maybe jut not as much splatter

meh...Guido and Vinnie can properly put a .22 shell where they want with the same end results as any other gun...maybe jut not as much splatter

Exactly. A well placed 9mm round will still stop an attacker. If its not so well placed I have 15 more tries. :D I would probably need them. I'm much better with a rifle.

Targets.

Feel free to bring some. Paper or otherwise. This will probably be the last year for the slinger dingers before we have to re-vamp them. They're getting pretty "swiss cheese like."

If you've got any scrap steel that might work, feel free to bring it too. Jim has an ol' Lincoln stick welder that works just fine.

We'll probably work on getting the targets up as soon as we get the pig on. Jim reports that the cows have used them as a scratching post and need re-hung.

Yes, the cows have been "moooved" to a different pasture.

The local Whitetails Unlimited club has a really nice Do-All pigeon thrower. They do loan it out for donations. I can get it if we all pitch in a few dollars. I've talked to them and it is available this weekend. Any one interested?

It's got a big hopper on it for the birds, is self cocking and has a wobble kit on it. All we've got to do is step on the pedal to make it throw. It's powered by a deep-cycle 12V battery. It would make it pretty nice for us, noone would have to be pigeon beeotch.:D

The local Whitetails Unlimited club has a really nice Do-All pigeon thrower. They do loan it out for donations. I can get it if we all pitch in a few dollars. I've talked to them and it is available this weekend. Any one interested?

It's got a big hopper on it for the birds, is self cocking and has a wobble kit on it. All we've got to do is step on the pedal to make it throw. It's powered by a deep-cycle 12V battery. It would make it pretty nice for us, noone would have to be pigeon beeotch.:D

Sounds good to me, I'll pitch in. Would definately make things much easier.

well, my attempt to pull an "unannounced Hale and Byron" move was just foiled for me this evening...the guy that I am back grounding some show cattle for just called and said he is coming out Saturday to look things over...so that officially screws me out of making it to the gig. You all have fun and lick up Hales cheeze.....

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot..........I've got a big chunk of apple wood. I'll soak it and get it all chunked up.

Done.
Two 5 gallon buckets full.

well, my attempt to pull an "unannounced Hale and Bryon" move was just foiled for me this evening...the guy that I am back grounding some show cattle for just called and said he is coming out Saturday to look things over...so that officially screws me out of making it to the gig. You all have fun and lick up Hales cheeze.....

Just tell him you've got some sheep in Illinois that a guy is back grounding for you and you've made plans to go check on them.

Besides, if you would have showed up without your wife; We would have turned you right back around to go get her!

Back