• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PIckin up and moving to Savannah! Hopefully...

XJfire75

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping I dont count my chickens before they hatch but I spent the weekend down in the Savannah area and had a test for Savannah FD on Friday and today I went into the Bass Pro and started talking to a guy that happened to be from my town and ended up he graduated from the high school across town and I know some of his friends haha. Anyways, he said that there was a real good chance he could get me a job there and recommmended several apartment complexes and areas for me and told me to keep in touch that he'd see me soon. So hopfully within the next month Ill keep headed down to the SAV area to stay. And Savannah FD is supposed to hire in Sept so maybe that will work out as well.

Just though Id share and see if anyone else is in the vicinity? Saw several nice XJs while we were down there and I know River Rock isnt too far but where else is there to wheel around there?

Thanks

Very cool! I don't think I could bring home a paycheck if I worked at Bass Pro. It would be spent before I hit the front door!

So uh, there is this baitcasting reel I have been eyeing... ;)

Yeah I know. And dang it if he didn't inform me of the nice discount employees get! Haha. He said when he first started he bought like 5 guns and just bought 3 more lol. Idk if this is such a good idea after all.... :)

Nothing really close to Savannah. Uwharrie is in NC, Callantee is in TN, you mentioned River Rock, Gulches in Laurens, SC and the only other place I can think of off the top of my head is Durham Town.

http://www.durhamtown.com/index1.htm

Isn't RenegadeStang in Savannah now?

I believe he is in the area.

Think he's in Statesboro at GSU. Could be wrong though.

Yep, that was it. I new he moved south of Atlanta but forgot where.

Yup, I'm back in Statesboro! Went to GSU several years ago, but now the wife and I are settling down in the area. Good luck getting in with the fire department. :wave1: About the closest thing to here that I know of is Durhamtown.

Cool man, Statesboro looks like a good town too.

Havent heard anything from BPS yet but I know Im still in the running there and at the FD. Hopfully both will work out haha. It was awesome how everything seems to be coming together after 2 years of applying and interviews just to be put on a waiting list...

Hey guys just wanted to follow up since its been a while.

Im down in Sav!

Got the job at Bass Pro and love it. They have me in archery and its perfect cuz I solely bowhunt and shoot year round.

And I passed my physical and interview for Sav Fire! Also, going tomorrow to apply for another department on the outskirts of town cuz theyre hiring in a few weeks and I should have a good chance at it if it isnt too late. Just found out about it today.

But if yall ever come through Sav stop at Bass Pro Shops!

Glad to hear you are doing well. GL with the job interviews.

Nice thread, sounds like things are going well for you. Good luck with the FD. I'm close to retirement at my FD and would like a BPS gig afterwards.:flame:

Lucky dog man I love that area As soon as I can retire from my job were Savannah bound. My wife and I go down there at least twice ayear to visit

Yeah I love it here!

Thanks y'all. I test Tuesday and Saturday for Southside FD so hopefully that'll go well. If so I'm gonna get a DD an beat on the XJ a bit haha. Can't wait!

If any of y'all come down for a visit holler.

Back