• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Pick Up the Burn" 9/25

I might be down to meet and follow you up there. I live about .5 mile from the Safeway. I gotta see how the week goes.

I think both FiveNDime and myself are shooting to get there a bit early (mostly for parking).

I would be willing to meet up with everyone at the Safeway though in the morning around 6:45ish though. That would put us to the staging area around 7:15.

I think both FiveNDime and myself are shooting to get there a bit early (mostly for parking).

I would be willing to meet up with everyone at the Safeway though in the morning around 6:45ish though. That would put us to the staging area around 7:15.

Cool, this sounds like a plan. Lets meet for a convoy at 6:45am at the Safeway this coming Saturday. If you cant or dont want to make it that early its up to you but the staging area is small and unless you want to park a ways out it pays to get there early. Plus its nice to just sit and relax a bit before you just jump into working.

Lets make it official.

Meet at Safeway between 6:30-6:45 on Saturday.

6700 Northeast 162nd Avenue, Suite 500,
Vancouver, WA 98682

Post up if you plan on meeting up in the morning.

-TORX
-FiveNDime
-Redjeep3

Remember to bring a pair of work gloves, because who knows what's out there.

Lets make it official.

Meet at Safeway between 6:30-6:45 on Saturday.

6700 Northeast 162nd Avenue, Suite 500,
Vancouver, WA 98682

Post up if you plan on meeting up in the morning.

-TORX
-FiveNDime
-Redjeep3
-nw-zjxjcantaffordatj-scott

Have fun guys ! sorry, it looks like i wont be making this one.

Oh, and Dustin... Ill be expecting a phone call from someone this weekend

icon12.gif

Things are still a go. Were meeting at Safeway parking lot on the corner of 164th and 4th Plain at 645am. I'm leaving the parking lot at 7am an no later. If you want to join in show up so you can tag along.

I was out there for a good portion of today. We got a head start and got one car recovered. Lots more work for tomorrow though.

Weather looks like it's going to be perfect, it should be a fun day.

See everyone in the morning.

Last edited:
Once again big thanks to Scott, Nick and the girlfriend. I know today wasn't the most action packed day, but the simple fact that you guys made it out shows a lot! Thank you, and hopefully we'll be wheeling the Burn this time next year.

I believe we did set a new record this year for the largest clean up in the state of Washington. We had ~230 volunteers come out. That's pushing 1400 volunteer hours just for today! :cool:

I'm running on a few hours sleep over the past two days, so this will be a quick recap of the day.

Crisp morning.
P1050388.jpg

Wild goose chase trying to locate a recovery site.
P1050389.jpg

Wash rag dog.
P1050390.jpg

We found a boat!
P1050391.jpg

P1050393.jpg

Later on in the day we set out to go check out some possible dump sites. Found a Toyota.
P1050397.jpg

P1050400.jpg

Heading back over the pass.
P1050401.jpg

Sorry guys, I was planning on meeting up at safeway, but had a dirtbike accident Friday night and didn't get out of the hospital til Sunday night.

Back