• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paul's Very FIRST Buck!.....

eshel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
my son called me at 11 min. to 7:00 this mornin'. paul said he was still in his tree stand and that he had just gotten his very first buck... he's taken a number of does but no buck till this mornin'.
he said that the buck had walked right up to his tree, and had stood directly underneath his 'tree lounge' stand for what seemed like forever to paul.
he said it really felt strange, after all the plannin, shootin' at the range last week, and then the 4 hour drive to the camp, and to then get a buck on openin' day, 15 minutes after the season opened!
well, papa just had to let his great friends know the exciting news. (i know, i know, some folks don't hunt, but then on the other hand- some do).
love you all, and i had the time of my life with y'all at moab.
shabbat shalom & and shalom aleichem,

Cool, I remember my very first opening day, got a buck in the first hour. I thought it would be easy after that, it's not. Mine was beginner's luck.

When I got my first one it was a good feeling. Still get the same feeling with every one I harvest. One of these days I'd like to get out west with my son for some elk hunting.

DSC00943.jpg

eshel, if you rght-click on the mouse, and go down to "properties" you can see the "url" or location on the web where this picture can be found now...

Back