• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paradigm SHIFT Crawl Box by Froehlich Suspension Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so what low range do you end up with? What kind of shift pattern do you end up with? High and low or high, low, double low? Would this work with a 242 instead of a 231?

interested in the 242 question. have a 242 in the ZJ I just got and a 231 in the old XJ

assuming a aw4 you would have 2.8:1 in first gear. In a 231 or 242 the options of high (1:1) or low (2.72:1). In a D300 you have high (1:1) or low (2.62:1).

With aw4 in first gear and assuming 4:56 gears here are your crawl ratio options
high/high
2.8:1 x 1:1 x 1:1 x 4.56:1 = 12.77:1
high/low
2.8:1 x 1.1 x 2.62:1 x 4.56:1 = 33.45:1
low/high
2.8:1 x 2.72:1 x 1:1 x 4.56:1 = 34.73:1
low/low
2.8:1 x 2.72:1 x 2.62:1 x 4.56:1 = 90.99:1

Note that if you twin stick the D300 you can also access rear only, front only, and 4 wheel drive while in any of these combinations.

Since the 242 has a bigger case I would have to make a custom adapter plate to run it as a first case. (the half case profile is different then the 231) You COULD run it as a second case if you were really stuck on keeping your full time drive option. I personally wouldnt run it as either. You can find guys selling their 231's with stretched chains pretty cheap. As long as the planetaries are in good shape you are ready to go. If you are having trouble finding a 23 spline case (91+) it is also very simple to swap out the input shaft to mate it to your transmission.

What happened to your website?

Sorry. My website is still down, I've been working on going through it and updating everything just havent had as much time as I would have hoped. Thats a good thing though I guess because it means I am spending my time making parts for you guys, doing R and D on future products, and trying to spend time with family through the holidays. Ill work on being more active online on the forums and finishing up my website for you guys. Feel free to post, PM, email, text, or call to ask any questions.

Thanks for your support and interest, I hope you had a great Christmas and have a fun but safe New Years!

Kris Froehlich
[email protected]
509-834-3260

forgive the threadjack, but i have a d-300 for sale for $300 that is ready to bolt right up to one of these kits.
if anyone is on the fence about buying one of these doubler kits i can tell you that you will love the extra low gear ratios you end up with along with one of the best benefits: the ability to do FRONT DIGS! (but only with a d-300, you cant do that with a rear 231)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back