• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console

peterjford

NAXJA Forum User
I have an overhead console (tan cloth) from my 1999 XJ that might be for sale. I don't know if I want to hack this poor thing up to have interior light, so I figured I would list it here in case someone really wants this thing.

In exchange for it, I would like you to help me find something I could attach to the roll cage to use as an interior light, preferably LED. I tried to search but kept finding light bars, or bulb kits to replace the bulbs in my overhead console.

BTW there is an overhead console for sale on eBay for $179, WTF??

I'm interested. Did you have a price in mind, or just want lighting? I can go either way, but money is faster. :D

O'reilly has some inexpensive led lighting options. Some have aluminum housings.

I am getting one that is fairly flat with a magnetic back, so I can stick it anywhere in the Jeep and remove it if I need light elsewhere. If draining the battery (ies?) becomes an issue I will hard wire it with some extra wire so I can still move it, or maybe get 3 of them.

If things all thru with JohnX i may be interested too.

Back