• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oooops. LOL

Cop car hits Bumble bee during Transformers 3 filming.
Looks to me like it was the other way 'round? I guess the driver of the Camaro wouldn't have been excepting that since the DC officer wasn't supposed to driving through the scene.

I still yet to see any of those movies.

Judging from what the reporter said it sounds like he broke protocol and blew through the light.

Real life emergency > stupid movie production.

A: He thought it was a secured scene and movie traffic was already going that route through the same red light. So yes he should of cleared the intersection but I can see logic in why he didn't.
B: Siren.
C: The camaro was driving at excesive speeds. Story should be titled Bumble bee hit DC Police vehicle.

Real life emergency > stupid movie production.

A: He thought it was a secured scene
Yes, which is why the driver of the Camaro was not expecting anyone to be in the path he was supposed to follow.

B: Siren.
C: The camaro was driving at excesive speeds. Story should be titled Bumble bee hit DC Police vehicle.
The Camaro was driving at excessive speeds because the director said action, and he was doing his job which was following a predetermined stunt routine. The Camaro would have needed to be going pretty fast to do a power slide (which is what it looked like it was going to do to joint the other vehicles), and the driver was going through the motions to make it look good.

Not saying the cop was at fault, I'm just saying I can see why the stunt driver wasn't expecting it, and his side of the story as to why it happened.

Yes, which is why the driver of the Camaro was not expecting anyone to be in the path he was supposed to follow.

The Camaro was driving at excessive speeds because the director said action, and he was doing his job which was following a predetermined stunt routine. The Camaro would have needed to be going pretty fast to do a power slide (which is what it looked like it was going to do to joint the other vehicles), and the driver was going through the motions to make it look good.

Not saying the cop was at fault, I'm just saying I can see why the stunt driver wasn't expecting it, and his side of the story as to why it happened.

/agreed completely :)

They have had quite a few high profile accidents shooting TF3.

I think Michael Bay no longer is satisfied with fake explosions and killing people, he's gotta make it all more real.

Doesn't look like the ABS was working all that well. If he hadn't locked up, he might have saved it.

Someone check the IQ of the guy who couldn't figure out the car cover. :twak:

Doesn't look like the ABS was working all that well. If he hadn't locked up, he might have saved it.

Someone check the IQ of the guy who couldn't figure out the car cover. :twak:

If I was doing a movie stunt that involved an awesome powerslide, I'd pull the ABS fuse. But that's just me.

Back