• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On the street...literally.

damn dude this is coming together a lot nicer than i pictured.

we'll need burnout pics when its done.

This! That thing is gonna turn out nice...........for a door dragger! Not gonna lie I'd love a bagged s-10 but i'd never have the heart to do it to a Jeep! Keep up the good work.

just relooking at the pics, it looks like your drivers door is pretty rusty ever think about doing a late model door and front clip?

or if you really want to piss off people a waggy front clip :D

I didn't relize at first you were literatley sittin on the doors till I was figuring out why it looked so low compared to the other jeeps. I didn't grow up in the mini truck area so I've only seen like a few in person my whole life but I wish I did cause their the shit! And no matter who you are you have agree it takes serious fab skills.

You know you may be able to get a bit more wiggle room with that 5.0 if you cut it over to dry sump.

I modified a foxbody pan, it will clear the beams and the valve covers will at least clear the hood. I am trying to decide on a cowl scoop...or just stick a blower on her :rolleyes:

just relooking at the pics, it looks like your drivers door is pretty rusty ever think about doing a late model door and front clip?

or if you really want to piss off people a waggy front clip :D

The doors are both pretty well rotted away. This Jeep actually spent its life in the bush and the mud :) But whats a waggy clip? Sorry...as new as many of you are to minitrucks...I'm new to Jeeps :helpme:

I thank you guys for your support...sometimes I wonder WTF I'm doing, I am only a cook after all lol

I didn't relize at first you were literatley sittin on the doors till I was figuring out why it looked so low compared to the other jeeps. I didn't grow up in the mini truck area so I've only seen like a few in person my whole life but I wish I did cause their the shit! And no matter who you are you have agree it takes serious fab skills.

Yes I cut almost 2 inches off the doors. Pretty much the entire factory lip and outer skin seam was cut up to the "window sump". I will snap a few pics of the inside of the doors. Minitrucks are really fun. I grew up in offroad country in northern Ontario...so I have no idea how I got into mini's lol. Its not just mini's...just any hot rod, and I have a special place in my heart for anything thats low enough to throw sparks

But whats a waggy clip?

This grille and headlamp formation.
800px-JeepWagoneerXJ.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooo yeah I like that idea. The sheetmetal is the same is it not? Just the grill panel and lights are different?

The header panel (fiberglass nose) may be different, likely is. Most folks just take that whole panel off and transfer it over. The only other difference with the Wagonners was interior trim, name plates, and the tail lamps (all red, no amber field).

The header panel (fiberglass nose) may be different, likely is. Most folks just take that whole panel off and transfer it over. The only other difference with the Wagonners was interior trim, name plates, and the tail lamps (all red, no amber field).

Right on...I will keep a look out for one. I love anything with quad headlights.

The waggy clip would be the 4 headlight setup seen on the slammed mj I posed earlier. If it weren't for the ridiculous usa to canada shipping charges I would send you the damaged spare I have.

id rock it. i dont know that id drop it all the way, but with a 5.0 and a nice low COG that would be a FUN ride ;)

id rock it. i dont know that id drop it all the way, but with a 5.0 and a nice low COG that would be a FUN ride ;)

Its never low enough.

Updates. I have been working 13 hour days, 6 days a week among other things. However, I have managed to have some progress. I have my 4 link bars fabbed, the upper link crossmember is done and burned in, all axle tabs are fabbed and burned in, lower bars done, rear bag mounts are fabbed but not welded and my front clip is coming along nicely.

PICS

This is the only pic I have of the front clip, I will get a better one. You can see the angle supports from the inner fenders to the rad crossmember and front rails

Photo0021.jpg

This is the mish mash of tubing and mounts in the rear end. These Cherokees are a tight squeeze! But the uppers are shoved in there.

Photo0016.jpg

Lower bars.

Photo0019.jpg

Upper bag mounts mocked and tacked.

Photo0015.jpg

And just a little height comparison...I'm only about 5' 11". Height of the drip rail, 39"

Photo0023.jpg

I have some days off coming, so I should get some progress and even start the floors next week!!

Enjoy.

Height of the drip rail, 39"

There is guys on here with tires bigger that your XJ lol

i like it, when your sick of it make sure you post it forsale here :D

I took some time today in the garage and got some work done and reached some milestones.

The uppers are burned in, the lower bar mounts are bolted in, front cups drilled out, bags in.......AND IT RAISED ALL BY ITSELF TODAY!! First time, frame off the ground under her own power. I am very pleased. Sorry it was dark but I took some pics...and a video :D

Heres the front clip I am working with.

Photo0024.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

These are the front bags at 110 psi (shop air)

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

I just realised I didn't take a pic of the rear bags under pressure :anon:

This is it aired up on 100 psi all around. Pretty decent lift for 100 psi!! I am running 200 psi onboard air, so it should be ridiculous.

Photo0030.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

The only problem is the lower bar mounts are hitting the bars under large lift. So I have to re drill and angle them another 25 or 30 degrees to clear, no big deal. The 4 link is adjusted, and pinion angle is set. 4 link doesn't bind, front rad arms don't bind.

And I had to have some fun...its bad karma not to crush some cans the first time it lifts.

Photo0033.jpg

The tall boy was with the driver tie rod installed (prevents the frame from laying) and just the front aired down.

Photo0032.jpg

ENJOY! I have a vid but its really dark, I'll do a reshoot tommorow.

Back