• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On friday I joined the masses that are unemployed.

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Firday afternoon they call me in the office, " I hate to do this ted, but were really slow, and the powers from above are making me use our at will agreement right, to let go some people, unfortuantly your going to one of them." Well fornacate me. So I have a job interview monday, for those of you who pray, i would aprricate your prayers, for those of you who don't your prespective equivalant to prayer would be appricated. Hope the EDD works fast :p.

Peace
ted

EDD doesnt kick in for a while, you may get lucky. Good Luck on ur interview

I use the prayer technique you mention, and will be doing that for you. It is tough right now, my brother got laid off bout three weeks ago and my brother-in-law about two weeks ago. They are still looking for a job, as their bills add up. I hope it goes well for you.

Thank you for your prayers, thankfully in the automotive industry, you make friends and eventually they go somewhere else or you do, and you can try to use your contacts to slide in somewhere else. So hopefully it will go well. Thanks again.

peace
ted

Damn, That Sucks!!!

I know how it feels. I too am in that 80% (Seems like it) of people unemployed.
EDD doesnt give me nearly enough to pay bills and etc.

Good Luck! Hopefully this s*it will end soon.

Yea dude, it pretty much is weak sos, but what can you do, the economy is what it is, for me the olny thing to do is have a good out look that whatever is going to happen to me in the next few months is for the better, and it is what God has for me right now.

peace
ted

sorry to hear that Ted! If you have mad skillz, you shouldnt have any problem finding another job....peoples cars dont stop breaking down when the economy sucks

man that sucks. could happen to any of us...sorry to hear it and good luck on another job soon.

Being unemployed suxs, my pops laid me off right after I bought my jeep and had $300 payments. With no notice either.

But EDD isnt supposed to pay all your bills, just help you get by while you get another job...

Def got some prayer for ya!

Damn, That Sucks!!!

I know how it feels. I too am in that 80% (Seems like it) of people unemployed.
EDD doesnt give me nearly enough to pay bills and etc.

Good Luck! Hopefully this s*it will end soon.

Feel your pain, my wife works for Mervyns and they just announced they filed Chapter 7 and will close by the end of the year....22 years of her life flushed away. Good thoughts being sent your way.
ED

Feel your pain, my wife works for Mervyns and they just announced they filed Chapter 7 and will close by the end of the year....22 years of her life flushed away. Good thoughts being sent your way.
ED
wow! the whole company? thats sucks.

Hey Ted, Prayers are with ya bro.
When the smoke clears, and the dust settles, things will start picking up.
Allot happening with both elections (November 5) and the economy.

Prayer works here. Hope it works out on Monday.

People are driving a lot fewer miles these days, so even repair work and body work has slowed down. I've been amazed at how slow our body shop is compared to normal. You wouldn't think the number of accidents would go down that much, and the subsequent insurance repairs, but they have really dropped.

Prayer sent your way!

Best of luck to ya!! I keep mentioning it, and though they may be entry level aircraft mech jobs, ($$ dependant on experience and ability to get a clearance) Northrop Grumman in Palmdale and some other locations, is Still looking for mechanics.

Back