• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

odyssey batteries?

Runing a 1200. Doing it's job. I have heard nothing but good stuff about them

Rob

FELIX said:
Runing a 1200. Doing it's job. I have heard nothing but good stuff about them

Rob
Did you gain any extra room with the 1200 compared to the stock battery? I want to get one maninly to have a nice place to put electrical breakout boards and what not.

I have the 925 in my 98' on the drivers side to make room for air pump on the other side. It is working good so far, has been in about 4 months. Nice and short no problems mounting and closing hood.

XJJack said:
I have the 925 in my 98' on the drivers side to make room for air pump on the other side. It is working good so far, has been in about 4 months. Nice and short no problems mounting and closing hood.
Sweet...any pics to amuse me?

ANyone else running this battery? I need a new batt and its either this or Optima since I plan for a winch and extra lights.

Odyssey is coming out with a 34/78 Dual terminal that will be the same size as the large Optimas. I haven't seen or tested one but they are supposed to be something pretty special.
As for the smaller sizes, they don't have nearly the power for long term use (XJ Jack, talk to me in 8 years when my Optima will still be going strong)and I've found that the posts break off if you torque them multiple times. Not recomended for winch and lights.
For motorcycles, ATV's, Snowmobiles, Jet ski's and the like, they cannot be beat
This is what I've found from working in a battery store for the last three years.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm

I'll see what happens, that's the way it always seems to be on my jeep, always trying somthing new. I have had problems with Optimas in the past with draining to low and bad recovery. This was after trying the gel cell thing on my CJ and having problems charging at too high rate and bulging them and shortening there life. So now I am trying the Odyse. They have worked well in many off road race trucks and buggys, but they are always replaced with new ones for one reson od another just like most other items in the trucks. I have noticed the post want to spin, but this is mentioned with the battery and I always hold the post when putting on or taking off the cables, the only thing I don't like about it so far is how much the post and conector are axposed, I need to come up with some kind of cover.

I've got a few friends running them in different vehicles. The local distributor/rep for them happens to be another friend so he turned us onto them many years ago.

I'd take one over an Optima any day of the week. You're paying more money but worth it. One of my friends put one in his Accord when building it. He ran a fairly healthy stereo, DVD setup, PS2, and some other basic electronics, with no problems ever. He put about 100k miles on this car in 3 years and the battery never gave an ounce of trouble. Eventualy moved the battery into the inside of the fender to clean up the engine compartment.

DSC06675.JPG

Back