• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Moab Trip: May 2016

The guys I was going to go with were discussing may, but I suppose April could work too. As long as we can come up with a date far enough in advance I should be able to work around it.

I am open on dates but later is better for me. I still plan on going down and renting a Rubicon. So I need dates set so I can reserve a jeep.

I'm very interested in this trip. It's even got me to start wrenching on the XJ to get it back in prime shape. At this point any date is good with me. Just need a month or so notice so I can get time off.

Hmm.... How can I break it to my wife, I want to go to Utah without her?

Better take the kids along. SPECFab, I might get stuck dropping off my junk to your shop to get it ready.

So is may 1-7 going to work? I rented my jeep and hotel for those dates.

May is coming up quick. :eek:

My issue with going early in the month is, Trophy Challenge, which a few of us are committed to attending. Going the first week leaves about a five day turn around between trips, and that's going to be hard to pull off with time off from work, possible repairs, etc.

I also need to start thinking about how I'm getting the jalopy down there. Not too keen on putting 2000 miles of pavement on it.

Sigh. The 30+ days of float that was showing in the contractor's schedule is now gone. Current schedule shows the work going right up until the last no-penalty day of the contract, June 28th. Looks like I'm out for this one. Might still do a solo trip down there.

Reality is setting in that this trip is not currently feasible for TORX. Time off from work is iffy with it leading into Memorial Weekend, and I'm just not keen on driving my rig down this time. I'm stoked at least a two of you guys are committing to going! Can't wait to hear about it.

Nate, maybe we can figure out something for fall of this year. I really do want to get back down there soon.

Back