• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Chapter Had a cool idea

MongoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I was just bummin around the forums and came across this thread from the North West chapter, it seems like a pretty damn cool idea and might be a lot of fun, good way to get everyone and familys together somewhere mid SoCal.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=925667

I have been thinking of some kind of Jeep/4x4/SUV show & shine kind of thing for a while. I used to partcipate in hot rod and mini-truck shows back in Georgia.

I would be willing to help head something up, but we would need alot of help. We woudl need to find a location, find sponsors, check on permits & insurances, find activities, define jedging criteria, and trophies...

Anyone with experience or ideas?

My thought - somewhere in Northeastern OC, easy to get to from all over SOCAL. A large parking lot or field...? Maybe the Yorba Linda or Fullerton areas? Classes for show - stock, mild, wild, best Jeep, Best Yota, Best Ford, etc... of course, the ugly truck award, dirty truck award, etc.. it would be cool to get someone out with an RTI ramp, maybe get some local 4x4 shops to help out - Currie, 4 WP, Driveline and gear places, etc...

I am thinking some thing like a toy-4-tots drive in early Dec could also work, plus bring joy to kids that are less fortunate. SO, 4x4 show plus T4T...

sorry, to throw all of this thought into this thread.... but it got my creative mind turning.....

Turning it into a fund raiser could be really cool, but I don't know how many people would want to come check out a bunch of beat up XJs :p

Show and shine? well... don't expect me to wash my rig for it :D Heck I might even be tempted to find some mud (and I hate mud) just so that it is dirty :D :D But it would be cool to put together a show of sorts to show off XJ's.

What would be cool (and it didn't work out last year) would be to show up as the NAXJA SoCal Chapter for the annual Toys for Tots.

Oh yeah... RTI ramp? Don't really care for 'em.

well if we have any event in OC like that, I wouldnt mind volunteering my DJ services and just play some classic rock, Top 40, etc.

For all future events, we need to assign responsibilities in advance so that atleast each task is handled by various members instead of only a couple of ppl doing everything.

It would be great to have a 4x4 show since there aren't very many that I'm aware of.

The one thing I liked about the RTI ramp at the NW event was it let people see how their set ups worked comapred to others and some people dont get a chance to really flex their rig and see where they need to do more trimming etc with a bunch of other naxja guys around to give advice.

RTI+BBQ+NAXJA seems pretty fun, and if we can figure out a way to turn into some sort of fund raiser or combine it with a toys for tots thing all the better.

This is great, But a poker run would be better than a show and shine...

when I think of a show and shine I think classic muscle cars and hot rods not jeeps. RTI ramps are pretty lame, find a rock.

Poker run/ fundraiser sounds like a decent idea and a popular one in the 4x4 comunity. add in a bbq at base camp and it sounds like a good weekend

Heh when you live several hours from anything large enough to get some serious flex on, they dont seem quite so lame :p

Gerr said:
when I think of a show and shine I think classic muscle cars and hot rods not jeeps. RTI ramps are pretty lame, find a rock.

Poker run/ fundraiser sounds like a decent idea and a popular one in the 4x4 comunity. add in a bbq at base camp and it sounds like a good weekend

Well maybe show-n-shine is the wrong terminology, but 4x4 show will be fitting. poker run sounds cool, but then it has to go somewhere in the desert. I sure as heck ain't driving on LA/OC freeways from point to point. Also, price of gas is keeping some folks from driving far.

BBQ-RTI-Fundraiser - I like it!

rpraterxj said:
Well maybe show-n-shine is the wrong terminology, but 4x4 show will be fitting.

That's why we called it a Scratch and Dent show. ;)

We meet for runs constantly and wanted to change up the pace. We even have a regular Meet and Greet each month at the same place. It's just a bunch of buddies hanging out and breaking bread together. More like family time. *I* think it brings everyone closer together. You get to see your buddies, see how their kids are growing, talk about the vehicles, talk about your jobs, etc. You've got the clique you hang out with, the 'other' guys, the old timers, the n00bz, and sometimes the lurkers. Bring the family one month, not the next, whatever you want. Every club I've belonged to operated that way, no matter the topic. There's a lot more in common with people than just the vehicles they drive or the pets they own. We're human, we're all family. :)

Phil Marek
President and Founding Member, NWC

rpraterxj said:
Well maybe show-n-shine is the wrong terminology, but 4x4 show will be fitting. poker run sounds cool, but then it has to go somewhere in the desert. I sure as heck ain't driving on LA/OC freeways from point to point. Also, price of gas is keeping some folks from driving far.

BBQ-RTI-Fundraiser - I like it!
well dont forget theres more than one desert. those of us out here in the high desert drive to meet and greets and runs in other places all the damn time, in reality if you can drive to big bear (once or twice a month and for some guys even more often)for a one day run why not be able to drive to stoddard valley, cathedral city or borego for a once or twice a year event that lasts all weekend and benifits someone elses good cause.

Im really getting the feeling that in this chapter theres some sort of pre-determined notion that unless it is big bear its not worth wheeling or showing up to hang out. Ive tried numerous times to show good will and show up to meet and greets 60 70 80 100+ miles from my house. Theres a handfull of people Ive met through Naxja I have built friendships with and enjoy doing things with, Ive also met a number of stuck up "look at my shiney new $1000 part" guys who think because they spend more on thier parts that have that big name brand they have a better jeep, Im quite tired of being told my jeep isnt good enough for this run, Im also tired of people able to spend money on thier jeep giving those of us who cant a hard time and attitude because we run welded spiders, a booty fab rack, or vato zone cheapo lights. I like what I have and wheel it just as hard and on the same trails as everyone else so whats it matter what it is I show up with?

I know a lot of people will disagree with my statement.....but I paid my dues and I dont care what they think any more

Gerr said:
well dont forget theres more than one desert. those of us out here in the high desert drive to meet and greets and runs in other places all the damn time, in reality if you can drive to big bear (once or twice a month and for some guys even more often)for a one day run why not be able to drive to stoddard valley, cathedral city or borego for a once or twice a year event that lasts all weekend and benifits someone elses good cause.

Im really getting the feeling that in this chapter theres some sort of pre-determined notion that unless it is big bear its not worth wheeling or showing up to hang out. Ive tried numerous times to show good will and show up to meet and greets 60 70 80 100+ miles from my house. Theres a handfull of people Ive met through Naxja I have built friendships with and enjoy doing things with, Ive also met a number of stuck up "look at my shiney new $1000 part" guys who think because they spend more on thier parts that have that big name brand they have a better jeep, Im quite tired of being told my jeep isnt good enough for this run, Im also tired of people able to spend money on thier jeep giving those of us who cant a hard time and attitude because we run welded spiders, a booty fab rack, or vato zone cheapo lights. I like what I have and wheel it just as hard and on the same trails as everyone else so whats it matter what it is I show up with?

I know a lot of people will disagree with my statement.....but I paid my dues and I dont care what they think any more

BOOOOOOOM!!!

Ok, lets get back on topic, how about a run out in the Imperial Valley...we could do Ocotillo Wells and then maybe a day run to Glamis......

Mike, get on here and help organize this bad boy!

Back