• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noobfest '10-

I'll base my attendance on the weather, fresh snow = skiing

Finish your rig, then make jokes about showing up.:spin1:

-Alex

my rig will never be finished, as soon as I finish treaking the front 44 I'm going to start building the rear 9"

I guess we better finish Matt's rig. :D

Anybody got a CV rear driveline for AA style yoke we can borrow to rule out vibration issues?

AA style yoke? is it a flange?

Matt,

I don't know if I will be here for this or not yet. I will let you know as it gets closer.

a major portion of what beginers need to learn in my book is more about the preparedness of an event. I would be more than happy to put together a packet "checklist" for people to use to help be prepared for an event. This would include the following:
1. Minimum list of equipment in the vehicle.
2. List of information to have before going.
3. List of info to exchange with other before going.
4. Other basics depending on the type of event.

Better yet, maybe I should start this and you guys can all review it, edit it, add to it and we can keep it updated and posted on line for people to use as reference.

Michael

Matt,

I don't know if I will be here for this or not yet. I will let you know as it gets closer.

a major portion of what beginers need to learn in my book is more about the preparedness of an event. I would be more than happy to put together a packet "checklist" for people to use to help be prepared for an event. This would include the following:
1. Minimum list of equipment in the vehicle.
2. List of information to have before going.
3. List of info to exchange with other before going.
4. Other basics depending on the type of event.

Better yet, maybe I should start this and you guys can all review it, edit it, add to it and we can keep it updated and posted on line for people to use as reference.

Michael

Hey Michael if you create a new thread i'll sticky it ad update it as nessesary.

I would love to make it to noob fest. But i'm not sure i can keep my jeep at the speed limit up that way on a four hour drive. :passgas: At 70 it might rattle itself apart, Its only a lil 4 cylinder... I think it tops out at 60 downhill with a good wind pushing me.

I will have to wait till spring.

I guess we better finish Matt's rig. :D

Anybody got a CV rear driveline for AA style yoke we can borrow to rule out vibration issues?

I do. bought it in September from High Angle Driveline...

it might be a bit long though?

what length? what pinion yoke at the axle? i'm assuming 1310 CV?

as for noobfest, I dont think my rig will have a front axle in it at that time, but I can ride shotgun, or tow MykeJ out there... :D

I am trying to get up to Portland & Seattle to explore the area and see the possibilities of moving up there, I might see if i can fit this into the schedule (though i am not sure if i am taking the Jeep or VW yet).

So where`s Walker from Bonney Lake? And I`ll be there for this.

Tim, it's Brian just take the 410 west. Get on 167 north. Then, get on the 405 north. Then, get on I-5 north. Once you get on 5, it's a little over an hour drive to Mt. Vernon. Take exit 227 and go east on College Way. Heck actually, there is a Denny's restaurante right there as you get off of 5 at the College Way exit. I could meet you and Branden there, have some chow and I can show you guys how to get out to Walker Valley from there. It's only like a 20 minute drive from there.

About 4 hours drive, If i can get a couple days off from work I would love to go... I have family up in seattle I can visit/stay with too :wave:

That's the spirit!

~Scott

P.S. Hey M-P guys, do I get any trade in credit for my ARB strap to get a superyanker? :dunno:

Back