• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nice 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland

hxcjohnny

NAXJA Forum User
I really don't want to sell this jeep. It's a sweet jeep with lots of potential, but I can't keep two jeeps right now. It's a 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland. The overland model has the high output version of the 4.7. The high output has forged internals, so its much stronger. The 4.7HO is really an amazing motor, and I LOVE driving it. The overland also has factory skip plates, tow hooks, tow package, factory rock rails, quadradrive axles, and factory up country suspension which means it sits an inch higher than normal Grand Cherokees. The overland has a different interior than the limited models do. The seats are two piece suede and leather, and the steering wheel is leather with real redwood. Its incredibly comfortable, especially for a jeep. Brand new this jeep sold for $40,000.

I bought this jeep back in December from the original owner. He had neglected the maintenance and consequently spun a rod bearing in the engine at 113k miles. I bought a motor from a 2004 model with 31k miles on it and installed it over my Christmas break from college. I do have the receipt showing when and where i bought the new motor from. The jeep runs excellent. I have completely gone through the jeep and changed every fluid there is to be changed. Transmission, transfer case, power steering, both differentials, and coolant have been done. I use Castrol Syntec synthetic 10w30 and change the oil religiously at 3,000 miles. The transfer case has Mopar brand nv247 fluid. Both axles have Redline synthetic 75w140 gear oil. The jeep is back 100% to where it should be maintenance wise. Everything that needed to be serviced I did myself when I bought the jeep. I've put about 10k miles on it since december and haven't had a single problem. I drive between winston salem and Charlotte every weekend, so i put a lot of miles on cars. The jeep runs great, and i regularly get 21-24 mpg at 65mph on the interstate.

When i bought the jeep, both rear quarter panels had very minor damage. I was just quoted $650 to get the body worked done and have the jeep looking brand new again. I plan to get this done in the next week or two, so It will look perfect when I sell it. I will sell it without having it done if you'd like to do it yourself.

This is an absolutely great jeep with a very low mileage motor. I really love driving it and hate to see it go, but such is life. This is a great chance to get a low mileage Overland for a good price.

BlackBook value (the price guide dealers use) for this jeep is $11,225. With a new low mileage motor installed, and the VERY minor paint issue on the rear quarter panels, I'm going to ask $9,000 Or Best Offer. I feel this is a fair starting price for a nice jeep with a nice clean interior. The title is clean and clear and I own it outright. no loans or anything like that.

The jeep is located in Statesville, NC. I drive every week between charlotte, statesville, and winston-salem, so I could meet anywhere within reason close to that.

The best way to contact me is by calling of texting me @ 704-657-7553 or emailing me at [B][COLOR="red"][email protected][/COLOR][/B]

P1010344 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010346 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010342 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010340 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010339 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010338 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

P1010337 by John_Morris1, on Flickr

That is a really good looking Jeep man! Bump for a sale but that price is a little high. I just checked Kelly Blue Book because I was curious and PRIVATE PARTY price was $7,960 in excellent condition which as a PRIVATE seller is what you should be shooting for. That black book that a RETAIL DEALER uses is different from a PRIVATE seller. Those two different price values are very different and cannot be confused one for the other. I tried selling my Jeep once and priced it too high and received no offers. Be realistic about your pricing and if you can't afford to sell it for a lower price then its would be financially smarter to keep it.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the reply man. I'm aware of the Kelly blue book price. Kbb isnt really a good source for car values. A lot of private sellers use it, but it's not the best. Nada and black book are what banks and dealers use for loan values. Keep in mind too the new motor it has. Try looking up the value of one with 40k miles. You won't find an 02 model with a 30-40k mile motor and in as good a shape mine is. The jeep has literally been gone through from bumper to bumper and is ready to roll. I take way better care of my vehicles than most people out there and take pride in how clean they are. I've had quite a few jeeps in my lifetime and have an idea for the market on these things. My price is also listed as Or best offer, meaning I'm open to offers. That price is just my starting point!

Back