• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie introduction..

hambone303

NAXJA Forum User
What's up everyone? I am a new XJ owner and forum member. I live just east of Atlanta, and I currently have two Jeeps a 07 JK Unlimited Rubicon , and a new to me 96 XJ.
I wheeled Toyotas before I got into Jeeps. I love them both....
Here are a couple of pics..

xj1.jpg

P1060673.jpg

jeepin.jpg

4241896092_c85c31c4a2.jpg

I bought the XJ from another NAXJA member. He lived in Georgia, then moved to Colorado, and back to Georgia where I bought it..He did a lot of work to it.

It has a 8.8 conversion, with a Detroit, open 30 in the front, 4.56 Yukons, Skyjacker 8" Rock ready lift, 36" Swampers, Warn skids, Tom woods shaft, Dual Optimas, ARB on board air, Rock Camera, Dual Taurus electric fans, 4 wheel discs with slotted rotors and hawk pads, MSD ignition system, H4 headlight conversion, LED Tails, and a kicking stereo.
I have plans to add a Aussie to the front, and get rid of the Bushwacker flares for some tube fenders and then add an interior cage...

My 07 JK 6 speed has a Superlift 4" lift with Bilsteins, 35" KM2's on 15" wheels, XRC front, Dual tops, Highrock Element tube doors, Poison Spyder skids, Navigation, and otherwise it is completely loaded from Jeep
See you on the trails...

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. You definately have some nice rides.

Welcome!!! There is a group heading to Windrock this weekend. No time like the present to "try" the XJ out.

Yeah I would love to go this weekend, BUT...I have to work. The weather should be awesome, the last time I was there it was all frozen. Trail 15 was brutal in my JK, and the weather got really bad when the winching started...
coalcreek10.jpg

coalcreek7.jpg

That place was awesome though I can't wait to go back. It reminded me of Tellico.

nice xj and jk!

hope you have better luck with your stock jk axles than my buddy.

Hello and Welcome! If you haven't heard, the SEC Crawl will be held in Harlan, KY this year on the 4th of July weekend, you should put in for time off now, and join us!

If you don't already have a fabricator, check out my website! I can take care of anything you need! By the way, you should become a NAXJA member, you can get better prices with me if you're name is RED.

Anyway, nice rig, and I hope to see you come on some rides with us. We are a very fun family oriented organization, and I think you will like what you find here.

Hello and Welcome! If you haven't heard, the SEC Crawl will be held in Harlan, KY this year on the 4th of July weekend, you should put in for time off now, and join us!

If you don't already have a fabricator, check out my website! I can take care of anything you need! By the way, you should become a NAXJA member, you can get better prices with me if you're name is RED.

Anyway, nice rig, and I hope to see you come on some rides with us. We are a very fun family oriented organization, and I think you will like what you find here.
I am already scheduled off work for a couple weeks around the 4th. It is usually a big camping week with the family. I will look into it. Maybe I can do both.

256offroad
hope you have better luck with your stock jk axles than my buddy.
What problems has he had? I have the Rubi 44's, and have not heard of many problems with them.

I am already scheduled off work for a couple weeks around the 4th. It is usually a big camping week with the family. I will look into it. Maybe I can do both.

What problems has he had? I have the Rubi 44's, and have not heard of many problems with them.
broken shafts... and he has gone through about 4 lockers. they are complete junk... the engagement ring keeps breaking.

his trans case also exploded on him last month so were swapping in an atlas. he is running 37s with coilovers on the front for about 6" of lift.

he has since upgraded to a 35spline arb front and a d60 rear.

Welcome aboard! Harlan is awsome! If you can get up there its well worth it. This year is looking to be a great time!

broken shafts... and he has gone through about 4 lockers. they are complete junk... the engagement ring keeps breaking.

his trans case also exploded on him last month so were swapping in an atlas. he is running 37s with coilovers on the front for about 6" of lift.

Wow! That is the first I have heard of this. I know people that are running 42's on upgraded axles and no problems with the T Case or lockers. Hopefully mine will hold up a litlle longer..I plan on leaving it like it is for a while..

Welcome! I saw your rig over on JKowners. Nice ride!
Yeah that is where I spend most of my time. There is a good group over there.

You answered your own question. D44's were never meant for tires that big.

You answered your own question. D44's were never meant for tires that big.
yeah..... but theres a BIG difference in the jk d44 and the traditianal d44.

hes only broken a stock shaft. but 4 stock lockers... thats just crazy.

if he had to do it over agian.... woulda bought an X and put dynatracs under it

Wow! That is the first I have heard of this. I know people that are running 42's on upgraded axles and no problems with the T Case or lockers. Hopefully mine will hold up a litlle longer..I plan on leaving it like it is for a while..
yeah... maybe you should just wheel the xj instead :laugh:

There are tons of people wheeling the Rubi 44's with 35 inch tires I have never heard of anyone having these problems. most people that run 37s have not had that many problems but know they are pushing the axle limits..By the way, there is a difference in between the JK d44 and the regular d44 and there is also a difference in between the jk d44 and the jk rubi d44. Is your friends jeep a Rubicon, or is he exploding a d35 in the front. The JKs have a d44 rear ,d35 front unless it is a RUBI then it gets a high pinion d44 in the front. The Rubi has different wall thickness and some other things. I will see if I can find the write up, but basically it was a write up on all the axle options available from Mopar right now from the d30 to the J8 D60 in the military JK.
I do plan on wheeling my XJ. I bought it to be my dedicated trail rig, but don't get me wrong I will wheel the hound out of the JK with no reservations. I think 35's on the the JK are perfect...

There are tons of people wheeling the Rubi 44's with 35 inch tires I have never heard of anyone having these problems. most people that run 37s have not had that many problems but know they are pushing the axle limits..By the way, there is a difference in between the JK d44 and the regular d44 and there is also a difference in between the jk d44 and the jk rubi d44. Is your friends jeep a Rubicon, or is he exploding a d35 in the front. The JKs have a d44 rear ,d35 front unless it is a RUBI then it gets a high pinion d44 in the front. The Rubi has different wall thickness and some other things. I will see if I can find the write up, but basically it was a write up on all the axle options available from Mopar right now from the d30 to the J8 D60 in the military JK.
I do plan on wheeling my XJ. I bought it to be my dedicated trail rig, but don't get me wrong I will wheel the hound out of the JK with no reservations. I think 35's on the the JK are perfect...

I think you meant D30 in front. The only vehical that I have ever heard of having a D35 in front is the ford ranger. I think I read an article in one of the rags that said that 35's were perfect for it with alloys but that anything bigger was pushing it.

Back