• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new shocks

#1 Moses

NAXJA Forum User
Just Installed four new Bilstein shocks on my 2000 Xj what a diference!! WOW! day and night The OEM had 79,000 and were toasted. for $59,95 each delivered to my door. money well spent. next a OME steering damper $45.89 plus $6.27 shipping total $52.61 not bad! Next the comes four new General Grabber HTS AT tires @ $79.00 each delivered. it will be like having a new truck For the total sum of $625.00

Glad you are happy with your shocks, I recently upgraded from cheap shocks to Bilsteins and I could not be happier, like you said, night and day improvement.

They are standard yellow bottom Blue dust cover Top! Great deal at Shox Shop.com on Line $239.00 deliver to my door! You cant go wromg with a set of these! Arrived In Factory sealed Bilstein boxes and very well packed for ship ment.

Last edited:
Hey - stupid question but..
I've never had a car long enough to put shocks on it before. I know the theory of shocks, springs, torison bars etc but what exactly improved about the ride on your XJ?

Sharper handling, quicker rebound(no oscillation), less body roll in turns, less nose dive during braking. They are stiff, but rightly so to accomplish the above.

ysoab-thumb.jpg

:D

Back