• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Rear Bumper Idea

Many years ago, AEV designed, without a doubt, the coolest rear bumper for an XJ ever. People on this forum ordered them, despite being very expensive, because they were so well designed. I don't believe any were ever delivered. We did have a poster that had one of their stretched TJ's delivered to him, and he loved it. He was a neurologist he could aford it. :)

AEV does a lot of prototyping for Chrysler, that's why they are still around.

are you talking about this one?

331pxy9.jpg

All I remember is the mechanical drawing without the tire carrier. :dunno:

That looks like a great bumper for the XJ. I had hear that AEV did make one for an XJ at one time. Too bad they don't now.

I'd build one for my rig but with a few changes.

1- An integrated CO2 system
2- Freon cooling system
3- A tap
4- Frosted mug storage compartment

Need I say more? :D

:beer:

Nice but really not practical for most guys to build and sell. The problem is that there is a lot of time, material, and incidentals that go into something like that and that cost must be recovered or it simply isn't a profitable endeavor.

Lets be honest, most people want to spend as little as possible and get the most bang for the buck. The bumper in Mello's link certainly has alot of bang and the bucks required to purchase it is probably equally impressive.

Even the rear bumper I've been tinkering with has generated a lot of PM's and only a few people have continued to show interest. Needless to say the price is big factor. I mean no offense, but there are folks out there that think anything fabbed in a garage should be just this side of free. The thought that someone had to make a considerable invest in tools, equipement and supplies doesn't register.

So yeah there are a lot of people here that could, but realistically it just isn't a product that most would want to buy due to the cost.

there are folks out there that think anything fabbed in a garage should be just this side of free. The thought that someone had to make a considerable invest in tools, equipement and supplies doesn't register.

.......... And their time invested in the construction of said fab parts...... :thumbup:

.......... And their time invested in the construction of said fab parts...... :thumbup:

Exactly, I think I pay myself about 5$ an hour for every one of my front bumpers I sell. Now if I had a CNC Plasma that wouldn't be the case, but I don't have nearly 10G's for one either.

I am with FrankZ on this one too. If I factored in the cost of all my equipment, ie, welders, tube bender, etc, I would have to charge and arm and a leg per job.

Good thing it is still a hobby to me.

Okay, I think we can all agree that no one wants to pay what custom fab should cost. Most do not concider what it takes to make anything from scratch. The point of this thread was to show some unique design ideas. Not to complain about how life is not fair or why something won't work. :bawl: :laugh3: ha!

I'd build one for my rig but with a few changes.

1- An integrated CO2 system
2- Freon cooling system
3- A tap
4- Frosted mug storage compartment

Need I say more? :D

Now this sounds like a gooood idea! Let's work on making this happen.

Back