• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Invention!!...kinda :)

BoScrappa

NAXJA Forum User
Replaced both drive line seals, and this little contraption did the work nicely if anyone has to do theirs in the future :lecture:

Went to lowes and picked up one 8" x 3/4" all-thread, two 1-1/2" closed nipples(these size nips fit perfectly inside the new seals), two 3/4"-10 hexnuts and two 3/4 flat washers...placed in there as shown, and just tightened both nuts simultaneously until they popped in, careful not to go to far or you'll have to push em back out from the wheel side of ur axle, flush with the tapered end of that steel ring thats in there is good.
P.S. dont try hammering these in, ruined one doing that the 1st time lol. :cheers:

34rdqox.jpg

yea I was thinking of using the bell reducer but I was worried about the pvc not handling the pressure...mine actually took alot of press to get em in there, the washers had a bit of indent to them afterwards :/

OTC has a tool like that with actual seal installers at each end.
It is a good idea in a pinch.:thumbup:

Back