• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Hoosier here

I bought a ss for my baby jeep from autozone...a nice unit...$34.00...

mac 'put it on myself' gyr

Hi.

You need tow points before a steering stabilizer. Buy the ss once you start having adverse driving affects.

I wheel a clean almost factory rig too

Dan

Steering still works fine (well besides when driving over bumps, but that seems standard in all Jeeps since it is a solid axle). Tow Hooks are hopefully next Friday when I buy them.

well I've got a big shop but it has a dirt floor

Ever put on a lift? Might be getting a 3 inch rough country lift with add a leafs and I talked to a shop the other day and they said anywhere from 3-6 hours to put it on. And at 65 an hour, not going to happen with me.

Been thinking about my Jeep.

This year I want to get:
3 inch lift
front tow hooks
rear hitch (buying at winterfest for 50, might be a month or two before I get it on)
CB (getting at WF, might have a bracket made for an antenna and flag by then also)
discos (getting some free ones at WF, gotta have some things done to it and then install them)
I need front right bump stop (mine is gone).

My plan is to put the lift, discos, and bumps on at the same time since I will have to put the new shocks and springs on at the same time.

Hitch, don't know when I will get it on, hopefully by summer.

CB, I have a drill ready to go in my XJ and will install it at WF.

Within a couple years, front and rear bumpers (probably from JCR) and 31 inch tires.

Who knows when.....

4.5 inch lift with new leaf packs
33's.
Winch

I don't want to go extreme until I at least have a second vehicle.

This spring I do need to change diff fluids and tcase fluids. Also, need to replace my steering stabilizer.

lift is not complicated. Try to get full packs instead of the AAL. easier to install and perform better

Add a leaf kit is only until I can go bigger. 250 dollars is more affordable then 500 plu.

I'm just trying to say, you can spend the money on AALs but you're gonna have to spend more money in the long run when your AALs sag and dont ride the way you want, then you're gonna wish you went with full packs instead.

I have 250 dollars to spend on it. This is just a cheap lift. Later on is a full leaf lift at a higher rate.

Than save the money, when you can afford it look. Cost more doing it over and over again. Then when you do get something you'll be able to build off it.

Oh and by the way whats up goldy this is blacksheep from indyorv

^^ That's a good idea. I started out with a budget boost, just spacers and shackles. I'm in the middle of my 3" install right now.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=RK-300SP-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

That's it right there. Save up just a couple extra hundo, and you're golden. Of course, I don't know your budget and I don't know how long it would take you to save that extra cash, but it would be worth it.

Then again, Jeep build plans change as much as underwear. Hell, I'm not one to speak. I'm doing my lift and turning around a month or whatever later and tossing in bigger coils and gaining lift in the rear via u-bolt eliminators and shackle relocation brackets. So, basically, I'm putting this lift in just for WinterFest. So, you may not want to take my advice anyway. Unless I'm advising you on what trees to miss instead of hit.

Anyway, have fun with your XJ. It's probably the dumbest thing I've ever bought and continued dumping money into. And I love it.

Also, I'm a Hoosier too. Just misplaced. Lived there my whole life until this year.

my AAL kit is holding up 2yrs so far, yea its a rough ride

Can't be any rougher then what I have now.

CB (getting at WF, might have a bracket made for an antenna and flag by then also)

CB, I have a drill ready to go in my XJ and will install it at WF.

Just get a mag. mount ant. at WM. They are less than $15. CB has a bracket to mount it between the sun visors, no drill needed. I'll bet it can be installed in 10 min. or so.

JIM.

Just get a mag. mount ant. at WM. They are less than $15. CB has a bracket to mount it between the sun visors, no drill needed. I'll bet it can be installed in 10 min. or so.

JIM.

I have a magnetic based antenna that you can have if you want it. I will not use it and I did not pay anything for it.

Yeah, that would be awesome.

ILLXJ, the mount I am having done will bolt into my top tail light bolt. Bend 90 degrees for a ant. mount. Then down 90 degrees with a set screw for a flag mount. My friend has a machine shop and said he has scrap material to build it with. Also, will the bracket fit on hte side of the pass. side of the center console? I want to keep the headliner clean as possible. The center console, tow holes can be filled with no problem though (if I do fill them).

Yeah, that would be awesome.

ILLXJ, the mount I am having done will bolt into my top tail light bolt. Bend 90 degrees for a ant. mount. Then down 90 degrees with a set screw for a flag mount. My friend has a machine shop and said he has scrap material to build it with. Also, will the bracket fit on hte side of the pass. side of the center console? I want to keep the headliner clean as possible. The center console, tow holes can be filled with no problem though (if I do fill them).

I have the regular bracket that most CB's come with & I made one that uses the screws from the sun visors. No new holes in the headliner.

JIM.

I have the regular bracket that most CB's come with & I made one that uses the screws from the sun visors. No new holes in the headliner.

JIM.

Ah,okay.

Back