• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New BFG MT's

yea . i was thinking the same thing make them in a 15 in 31s 33s..and bounce them around the country. ..the main bad point that was made "they suck in ice".....who makes a "good" tire for ice? ones without chains on it or studs in it.....

keith

I bet when pricing comes out they will make the Krawler look affordable.

Oh also the BFG muds totally suck on ice or packed snow. Might as well have racing slicks.

I have a feeling they will be expensive. they may keep the same MSRP as the old MTs, but those never sell at msrp, probably because they've been using the same basic design for about 15 years, and there are numerous brands making cheaper copies of it. With the new ones, they will be NEW (yay! :rolleyes: ) and a fairly unique tread, so they will probably sell right at MSRP.

YETI said:
I bet when pricing comes out they will make the Krawler look affordable.

There's no way these will be more expensive than the Krawlers, they'll price themselves right out of the market. (Unless there's ONLY a 22" version, funny how you pay more for less rubber).

The price of the Krawler might be justified by it's performance in the rocks. But I guess the Mud T/A will be priced lower to go head to head against other like brands.

Speaking of.....does anyone out there have experience with the Krawler, I know Beezil has them, what do you think? Any one else? I'd like to hear some first hand, real world experience.

My only experience with Krawlers was watching a Jeep on 37" Krawler drive through a boulder field. The other two Jeeps that ran it were on 39" and 42" TSL's. The Krawler's stuck like glue even when the TSL's slid and spun. They were really amazing that day. That's all I've got, take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: For anyone that cares to know this was at "Rattlerock" in Coal Creek (Oak Ridge, TN). Also, tire pressures were lower on the TSL's than the Krawlers.

Back