• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nevada

tweakado said:
Looks like i may be moving to Vegas next month. Is this the right chapter.

Actually, the Sierra Chapter doesn't go into Nevada. But we'll claim you anyways, welcome aboard. ;)

EDIT: Oops, just looked, we do claim the westen part of Nevada. So you are officially in the right place.

WooHoo i have been claimed. My wagoneer has a very tired 2.5L in it and i am looking for a 4.0L to build up. Where are the yards in vegas. Should be some good stuff there mainly because of the climate. Thanks Guys

tweakado said:
WooHoo i have been claimed. My wagoneer has a very tired 2.5L in it and i am looking for a 4.0L to build up. Where are the yards in vegas. Should be some good stuff there mainly because of the climate. Thanks Guys

Most are out by me, Lake Mead and Craig area, by the way, I live in North West Las Vegas, I'm new on this board too. Pretty Resonable, $1 entrance, a lot of places to go, but the best is "Parts" out this way. They have about 10 cherokee. welcome to Vegas enjoy the sun :sunshine:

By the way, my name is Marc

Hi Marc
Well did not make it to Vegas went a wee bit further to Elko and i think i found my home here. Hope to talk with you soon.
John

I like Elko, nice country out there. I woudn't mind living out that way somewhere if I could get a job.
What do you do for work?

Jess there is so much work here. I work at one of the mines called Barrick for a contractor called ledcor there is another mine called new mont and they all have contractors in them doing all kinds of stuff. Then there are the power plants out here not to mention all the jobs in town. I just did my first two weeks and put in 80hrs straight and 37.5 overtime at 18.00 an hour do the math man. If you want to work and live here that should not be a problem at all. I am going to post pics soon. Had to get the exhaust on the jeep done from stem to stern friggen catilitic converter and they dont have a smog station here. Anyhow later gater

Well Elko isn't all that bad....just a bit cold in the winter... welcome to Northern Nevada...

tweakado said:
... and they dont have a smog station here. Anyhow later gater

Okay, time to move !!!!!

Not a prob with the cold just get yourself a flight suit for pilots from the goverment and walaaaa instant warm. Yeah i love it here. Going for insurance on the jeep did a quote with farmers and they told me 168.00 for six months GOD i love this country. I was paying 80.00 a month in socal.

Back