• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some advice

highspeed

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE double shear track bar. I'm getting some movement at the flex joint on the drivers side mount even though the joint is 1 yr old and only has 3 wheeling trips on it. I have tightened the bolt holding the joint as tight as my impact will go. I want to rebuild the joint but can't figure out if the joint is the small or large size listed on RE's website. Anyone know?

Also, I have a RC flex joint spanner wrench and was wondering if it will work on the RE flex joint?

I'm not sure either. I bought a "big joint tool" and it is too large for the lower control arm Johnny Joints. If you can measure the distance from pin to pin on your joint, I can measure the tool and we could verify or rule out if it will work or not.

Text me. I have both sizes for the Rubicon Express joints. What I typically do is just tighten the joint and its good to go.

David, do you have the part number for the tool for the lower control arm JJ's?

Text me. I have both sizes for the Rubicon Express joints. What I typically do is just tighten the joint and its good to go.

I will text you later, someone else mentioned the same thing. I think my set screw fell out and the spanner ring has backed off some.

Trying to knock out my punch list of maintenance items...............only on item 2 of 10 right now!

David, do you have the part number for the tool for the lower control arm JJ's?

Yeah I'll try to track it down tomorrow.

Brandon, just let me know when you need it. I've prob got a spare set screw.

That looks like it. I think they make 3 different sizes and I bought the "large" one and it is too big for any of the joints I have.

I have the rough country version, which is more like an open-end wrench with two different sizes at each end. I know it works on my RC stuff, so hopefully RE is not much different and I can fix this in a matter of minutes.

Yeah I have the rough country version as well for my wifes jeep. never tried it on the RE parts....

Back